The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tried Relic BG Event

Dangranma_Burgrukgad
Dangranma_Burgrukgad
✭✭✭✭
Like anyone with just a very little pvp experience could have predicted the games are full of unkillable tanks with perma cc immunity.
The games I was in were the most boring, unfun things I have ever experienced, for me is a hard failure.
Hope someone enjoyed it.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 26, 2022 1:40AM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries, wait until the next PvE event and sit this one out. You won't miss anything.

Personally been enjoying it. Tweaked my NB healer for Capture The Relic and been having a blast here.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely adds to the unkillable tank problem that people know in advance they'll be playing capture the relic.

Or maybe it doesn't. Ha, I mean there are uses for unkillable tanks in domination and chaosball also. And in deathmatch there are 3 halfway unkillable brawler tanks and 1 healer.

Just an overall tank meta problem perhaps.

I've "mostly" found that if your team helps you can kill the other enemies then focus the tank to kill them. Stun them on cooldown and light attack the heck out of them when they block. There's no cp so I find you can get them out of stam in a reasonable amount of time.

We're not talking cyrodiil where one guy is tanking 12 people. Your team is only 4 people. Its sorta fair that a decent player devoted to defense can tank 4 people for a while. Why they'd enjoy playing a toon like that I don't know... There are other ways to win.

• Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look, it's not a real EVENT. You don't earn tickets and stuff. You just can have better rewards by playing certain game mode.

Even regular BGs have all the same problems. Absolutely nothing have changed. Just the speed you can queue for BG.

Why are you even blaming event for problems that exist outside the event itself? It's like blaming Undaunted Celebration for doors in dungeons that won't open if you kill mobs too fast.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, it's not a real EVENT. You don't earn tickets and stuff. You just can have better rewards by playing certain game mode.

Even regular BGs have all the same problems. Absolutely nothing have changed. Just the speed you can queue for BG.

Why are you even blaming event for problems that exist outside the event itself? It's like blaming Undaunted Celebration for doors in dungeons that won't open if you kill mobs too fast.

The event is the problem though. Because players can build around this one game mode type. Which basically shuts down bgs because every other build is a bash Mara tank just sitting on the relic, completely unkillable and making it impossible to take the relic. It just stalemates the match for 15 minutes. And you can't send 4 players to go kill the tank because then the other, identical tank, takes your relic and is unkillable as they walk to their base. It's a mess.

At least with random modes, they aren't entirely useful in all cases.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I legitimately had a match yesterday where my entire 4 man team was stuck guarding our relic for 15 minutes because the other two bases had bash tanks that couldn't be killed and our own relic had a maras tank just repeatedly hitting the relic button. We literally had to interrupt the guy continuously for 15 minutes. It was stupid.
  • BalDing710
    BalDing710
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are playing the objective....ametures
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I legitimately had a match yesterday where my entire 4 man team was stuck guarding our relic for 15 minutes because the other two bases had bash tanks that couldn't be killed and our own relic had a maras tank just repeatedly hitting the relic button. We literally had to interrupt the guy continuously for 15 minutes. It was stupid.

Yep, this happened to me a couple times. How it’s even fun to be that person is beyond me. Though ZoS made it happen, too. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mq7uidqyq747.gif
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

mq7uidqyq747.gif

Sounds like the answer is no, they are not entertained.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid event. Not worth even trying. Capture Relic is one of the hardest to master b/c it requires people to actually work together (!), which basically never happens.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it in BGs when a bow ganker stays up on top of the base and tries to sneak kills without ever coming down.

Those guys are hilarious.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did one so far. Was actually good and fun. Was back and forth right to the end and no real super tanky build. Not sure if I will do many more. Kind of in the mood for doing other things in game and battlegrounds isn't going anywhere.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭

The event is the problem though. Because players can build around this one game mode type. Which basically shuts down bgs because every other build is a bash Mara tank just sitting on the relic, completely unkillable and making it impossible to take the relic. It just stalemates the match for 15 minutes. And you can't send 4 players to go kill the tank because then the other, identical tank, takes your relic and is unkillable as they walk to their base. It's a mess.

At least with random modes, they aren't entirely useful in all cases.

You make a great point, I still enjoy it but it's defintely true that there are more tanky players now since it's a CTR event. You can't blame them though, it's a bg mode weekend so why wouldn't you cahnge things up for the weekend.

Still I like that they're doing this, I'm looking forward to deathmatch weekend, obviously, but it's a nice change from not getting any PVP events.

What would really get me invested is a seperate leaderboard for these events, with some unique rewards. The extra AP is nice but not enough for me. Even some transmutes would make this more worthwile for me.
    Edited by Aardappelboom on September 25, 2022 8:43AM
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a Stam sorc that was snatching relics. Not even bash tanks at relic spot could stop me [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 4:27PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post