The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Tales of Tribute available to everyone

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
I know new chapters come with a new system, but here's my proposal: let everyone play ToT.

But before thinking I want ZOS to just give it away, I'd unlock casual matches only, and only with the first four decks. This would make casual matches way more enjoyable, healthy and interesting for everyone, while keeping ranked matches, extra decks and quests only for those who owns High Isle.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 19, 2022 1:37AM
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know new chapters come with a new system, but here's my proposal: let everyone play ToT.

But before thinking I want ZOS to just give it away, I'd unlock casual matches only, and only with the first four decks. This would make casual matches way more enjoyable, healthy and interesting for everyone, while keeping ranked matches, extra decks and quests only for those who owns High Isle.

I have High Isle and I haven't even unlocked it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't tried it yet but it sounds to me like it's just like duels without weapons, basically a pithing contest.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Haven't tried it yet but it sounds to me like it's just like duels without weapons, basically a pithing contest.

I don't think its like that.

It's just a fun card game, haven't you played cards?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have High Isle and am totally completely uninterested in ToT. Not messing with it. If I wanted card games I'd play whist or pinochle.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭

No thanks.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I could give away my ToT, I would. Zero interest.
    PC - NA
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i remember correctly Battlegrounds was exclusive to Morrowind chapter but later they become base game feature even though Morrowind can still be bought at that time.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont need it i dont want it and i regret ever trying it, keep it out of my game air please
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a CCG fan to begin with. Never was, never will be. Not my thing.

Tales of Tribute looks like a perfectly fine thing for people that aren't me. I'm good with that. A lot of people seem to be enjoying it and I've got nothing but thumbs up for them.

I tried it out just to see what its deal was. It's a card game alright. Looks cardy.

If I could give my access to it away to someone that wants it, I'd do so in a heartbeat. It'll never be my kind of thing.
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this would be smart in regards to keeping it alive and well. If you want a healthy playerbase for any mode, you need to make sure to not lock it behind a paywall. However, to do so you would need to make this completely free. However, as ingrained as the game is in high isle, you would have to give away the whole expansion as a whole. Like - that will not happen the next 4 years or so?
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't see it happening. They starter quests are all in high Isle. They are not going to put in extra work to make ToT available to everyone for zero monetary gains.

Hell even now it's not something they can monetize (yet).
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not going to put in extra work to make ToT available to everyone for zero monetary gains.

Well, Like I said here:

Let people play the base ToT game. ZOS can monetize the rest.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax just might do this but doubtful it will happen anytime soon for obvious reasons.

1. Chapter items remain chapter item until the next chapter. Then they become either part of the DLC, sold separately, or are made part of the base game.
    2. iirc, the only system added with a chapter that was made part of the base game is BGs. Speculation is that not enough PvP players purchased the chapter to make BGs truly viable. If this is true, then it could mean TOT becomes part of the DLC since if it does have a broader interest than PvP combat does.

But for now, it should remain exclusive to the chapter since it was sold with the chapter. It would set a bad precedent to do otherwise.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should do this for the player vs player matches only. Let people queue those without having to do the tutorial. You get the 4 base cards unlocked only. No extra decks, no storyline, no npc matches.
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭

100% Agree

It should never have been hidden behind a paywall to begin with at all IMHO.

The more, the merrier.