The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TTC suggested a sword motif was worth 13-16 million gold.

Memory_In_Motion
Memory_In_Motion
✭✭✭✭
After selling the motif for 15 million with a number of other motifs for a total of 7, the buyer now complains that the sword is only worth 200-300k and sent me a link showing the error?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 9, 2022 5:38PM

TTC suggested a sword motif was worth 13-16 million gold. 96 votes

refund their money and receive all motifs back
2%
chessalavakia_ESOJaimeh 2 votes
let them keep motifs, refund the difference
3%
jcacereswixthUALady_Galadhiel 3 votes
dont treat your friends like that, refund all the money, let them keep the motifs too
2%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOMemory_In_Motion 2 votes
do nothing. all sales final.
92%
aleksandr_ESOGlassHalfFullwenchmore420b14_ESOd.schaerb16_ESO2dmnqwkGroufdanno8Alinielstarlizard70ub17_ESOpreeviousSilverBrideAoEnwyrMyerscodExciisionEnemy-of-ColdharbourRagnarok0130VevvevValarMorghulis1896Easily_LostBrrrofski 89 votes
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After selling the motif for 15 million with a number of other motifs for a total of 7, the buyer now complains that the sword is only worth 200-300k and sent me a link showing the error?
    The buyer, who apparently has access to TTC listed values, should have checked the market first before dive in carelessly but apparently the most important thing to him/her was buying the item asap. It's not your fault imo.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buyer is trying to scam you and guilt you into a discount you wouldn't have accepted with the item still in your end.
    Thus, he buys and uses the stuff, and suddenly "discover" that he paid too much.

Tell him it didn't work, and be on your merry way.
  • VictorDragonslayer
    VictorDragonslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Buying something at the start instead of waiting is generally a bad idea - market will get more offers, prices have to go down. You have a right to put any price you want, the buyer has a right to not buy from you. Also, if you return the difference, the buyer may not learn from that mistake.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont treat your friends like that, refund all the money, let them keep the motifs too
    TTC Price for |H1:item:156815:124:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h : Suggested : 13,500,000 ~ 16,875,000 (13 listings)

opal imbris sword is showing 13-17 million gold as of right now.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    TTC does not suggest anything. Only show listed prices.
    No one asked him to buy at the start of the event when prices are crazy, just a hard learned lesson.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could put 1 heartwood up for 9999999999 gold and if it sells, it sells. It’s up to the person buying to decide if the deal is good or not BEFORE buying. Also I doubt motif prices would drop that fast so maybe they’re misinformed or wanted to flip.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales are final, like you said. It's not your fault they were desperate to get the style despite the event happening as we speak.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They paid what they thought it was worth without using any common sense (13-16 million for a single sword motif jeez). All sales are final! Hopefully they'll learn from this experience, cause the game is full of people who won't accidentally but rather purposely try to rip them off.
    gc7xyb9gbuar.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were willing to pay the price at that time, so that was it's worth.
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the price was an error, why did they buy it? Should have gone and buy cheaper.

Not your fault they checked after the fact or didn't pay attention when buying.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buyer's remorse is the buyer's problem, not yours.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "dont treat your friends like that, refund all the money, let them keep the motifs too"

Was this your friend or some random buyer. If it's the latter then you have no obligation to do anything.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TTC is amazing for many things, but NOT suggested price.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buyer beware. If someone is willing to Pay 15 mil then that decision is on them. I have looked through Lots of motifs, and if I don't want to pay the amount that it lists for I just make do without it. I have spent large amounts on motifs I really wanted and also waited for a few weeks and found bargains. It just depends on the situation, the point in time you are looking for something, and what is going on in the game. If an event is pumping out many of a specific type of motif, the value will go down. After the event, when players want to fill in missing pieces and have the entire style, the price goes up.

supply and demand

buyer beware

All the responsibility is on the buyer. They are the person who decides to buy or not. And there is Nothing in the game, especially in cosmetics, that anyone is Required to buy.

:#
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always buyer beware. If they had the details for the price then why did they buy it for a value exceeding that price? Presumably they thought it was a good price at the time of purchase. Scams are awful and people should be better, but guild traders allow people to put items in store for whatever price they want, if someone is willing to buy it then they've made that choice to do so; it's not a scam. For example, if you had suggested you would sell the motif for a negotiated price and then not delivered, that would be a scam.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who has access to TTC, has 15 mio gold and is willing to spend that much definitely should know about the price development of event style pages.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an open market, not a communist state. If you buy it it's yours.
    EU PC
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I make a purchase of that value, I always check out the listed prices to see what the best deal is. This person clearly had access to those tools and knows how to use them. You weren't deliberately trying to scam someone, so this is something they are just going to have to wear.

The absolute only circumstance I would refund a portion of the money is if this is a very close RL friend with whom an in-game mishap is not worth destroying an entire relationship over, and I mean actual RL friend, not just a Discord or guild buddy. Someone you know in person.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day of an event is always a great time to make gold. For a while I would save items I gained during an event then put them up in the guild trader right before the event happens again next cycle. Some players always bite. I'm sure this still happens often. Prices drop quick though so you risk getting stuck with the high listing fee and not selling the item.

Always best to sell early in an event. Always best to buy near the end of an event.

Keep the gold.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd offer the reverse suggestion: had you listed it for way under its actual value, would this buyer have felt guilty after purchasing and messaged you to alert you to the error and attach the difference in gold you would have received had you not underlisted? Or would the buyer just keep it and try to flip it for their own personal gain? Pretty sure I know the answer to that.

The price was posted and the buyer chose to buy it at the posted price. Transaction over. It's honestly a ton of audacity that they messaged you afterwards to try and start an argument/get money back over it. Such a thought wouldn't have even occurred to me - shoot, I have accidentally bought a thing or two because I looked at the price per instead of total price (whoops) and I never in a million years would message the buyer saying "I accidentally bought this, can I have a refund?" You eat your losses.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they made the purchase, then that is on them. They weren't forced to buy it.
    Do nothing.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.
      PCNA
    • Blinx
      Blinx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      the only error was on the buyers behalf for being impatient, the "I must have this ASAP at any cost mentality".
      Keep yer coins, the transaction has already been concluded, if need be block them if they become a pest.

*on a side note, hot dam 15 mill, I think I have a whole 100,000 on pc, but is all good, I don't need, nor want much*
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd offer the reverse suggestion: had you listed it for way under its actual value, would this buyer have felt guilty after purchasing and messaged you to alert you to the error and attach the difference in gold you would have received had you not underlisted? Or would the buyer just keep it and try to flip it for their own personal gain? Pretty sure I know the answer to that.

The price was posted and the buyer chose to buy it at the posted price. Transaction over. It's honestly a ton of audacity that they messaged you afterwards to try and start an argument/get money back over it. Such a thought wouldn't have even occurred to me - shoot, I have accidentally bought a thing or two because I looked at the price per instead of total price (whoops) and I never in a million years would message the buyer saying "I accidentally bought this, can I have a refund?" You eat your losses.

I accidentally bought an opal motif this morning that I had just price checked because I thought it might be underpriced, saw the price was a normal price, didn't need the style page as I already knew, and had no intention of buying it. Then got distracted and bought it anyways. I just relisted it in my own trader for the same price. Oh well. Contacting the seller to request a refund is insane.
      Edited by jaws343 on September 9, 2022 5:57PM
    • karthrag_inak
      karthrag_inak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      heh. khajiit sees no problem.
      PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    • chessalavakia_ESO
      chessalavakia_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      refund their money and receive all motifs back
      If they haven't actually bound the motifs already, unwind the transaction as it's kind of clear neither of you really knew what you were getting into. If you are asking here, you probably didn't intend to give them a bad deal it's just the way it happened to go.

If they have, refund them the difference between the value now and what they paid.

When you look up a price on TTC for any big ticket item use the website not the addon so you can get a view of the more current listings for the item. The addon in game at times seems to overrate older data.

Yeah, it will stink to mess out on a large profit but, do you really want to live with knowing at the back of your mind how you got that large profit?
    • Memory_In_Motion
      Memory_In_Motion
      ✭✭✭✭
      i chose to refund the money and let them keep the motifs. This person has been very kind to me and so i'm gonna give them all the benefits.
    • Memory_In_Motion
      Memory_In_Motion
      ✭✭✭✭
      Having listened to the responses in this thread and others i have determined that ttc is a lousy addon and is not at all trustworthy. It uses averages, not median prices. it doesn't keep up with market changes very well either. None of these addons does a good job as a rule, none uses median data across all guilds. The market is broken. That's all for now.
    • the1andonlyskwex
      the1andonlyskwex
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i chose to refund the money and let them keep the motifs. This person has been very kind to me and so i'm gonna give them all the benefits.

It wasn't particularly clear from your original post whether the buyer was a friend or just some random person from zone chat.

My vote would have been "all sales final" for a random person, and one of the other options for a friend.