The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Razer Synapse Problem? Does it NOT work for you too.

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
Synapse V3.7.831.83015. Windows 10 PC fully updated windows.

I have 2 profiles that I have bound to button 12.
So I can switch profiles in game.
I used Switch Profile / Specific Profile.
Each profile has the opposite profile bound to the 12th button.

On the Windows 10 desktop when I press button 12 there is a fly out window in the lower right corner showing me the active profile. This works as intended except for this.

In Fallout 4, LOTRO, and ESO (The games I play) this fly out window is NOT visible. Thus, making it hard to tell what profile I’m on.

Will you help and try this out and post here if it doesn’t work for you?

I’m trying to get Razer to fix this. If I’m the only one, then that's unlikely.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 3, 2022 10:26PM
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The latest version of Razer Synapse has always caused system problems for me, not just in ESO. I can only use the older version, and can't get any of the cooler color effects. :'(
    Options
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One information in case you wouldn't know and that it could be a factor in your troubles: not all razer devices are compatible with the new synapse version.

Concrete example: For the keypads, Tartarus is compatible with newest synapse but not Orbweaver and Nostromo that shall keep running with previous synapse. It's the same with mouses.
    It can lead to situation like I have on one of my computers: 2 different versions of synapse run simultaneously, one for the mouse and one for the keypad.

I'm not sure if it could be one of the reasons for your troubles. Based on what you describe, I don't think so, but just in case, it's worth sharing.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    The latest version of Razer Synapse has always caused system problems for me, not just in ESO. I can only use the older version, and can't get any of the cooler color effects. :'(
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    One information in case you wouldn't know and that it could be a factor in your troubles: not all razer devices are compatible with the new synapse version.

Concrete example: For the keypads, Tartarus is compatible with newest synapse but not Orbweaver and Nostromo that shall keep running with previous synapse. It's the same with mouses.
    It can lead to situation like I have on one of my computers: 2 different versions of synapse run simultaneously, one for the mouse and one for the keypad.

I'm not sure if it could be one of the reasons for your troubles. Based on what you describe, I don't think so, but just in case, it's worth sharing.

Can you two or anyone recommend a Synapse version for me to try?
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curly wrote: »
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.

(Sometimes) You have to reload the page once before the little gear shows up that you have to click in order to edit.
    Edited by Snamyap on September 8, 2022 12:54PM
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.
    Naga X is new and works with current Synapse software - it will not work with legacy Synapse.

Make sure that - if you have a profile for ESO - you are editing the button config for ESO and not a different profile.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.

(Sometimes) You have to reload the page once before the little gear shows up that you have to click in order to edit.

That gear still isn't showing on first post. Is that as intended? I can edit my other posts.
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.

That gear still isn't showing on first post. Is that as intended? I can edit my other posts.

Not sure what is wrong then. I just checked a thread I started yesterday and it show the gear.
    Edited by Snamyap on September 8, 2022 1:15PM
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Can you two or anyone recommend a Synapse version for me to try?

I am using v2.21. Last time I was at their site, there were only the two you could download. The newest and this "legacy" version.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.

Not sure what is wrong then. I just checked a thread I started yesterday and it show the gear.

The gear icon for editing the first post in a thread if you are the OP is at the end of the title insertion field.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm using 3.7.831.83015 (!) but with a Razor Deathadder Pro mouse. No issues, but then I don't have quite as many buttons ;)

And I don't use Razer Chroma. It says it allows tight integration with game(s) (not all facilitate integration), but whenever I've tried to use it I lose my bespoke keyboard colour system.
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.
    Naga X is new and works with current Synapse software - it will not work with legacy Synapse.

Make sure that - if you have a profile for ESO - you are editing the button config for ESO and not a different profile.
    I made two button profiles. Assigned them to button 12 as described in first post. I see I can assign a game to the mouse and or keyboard. I haven't done that. Is that the problem? The mouse doesn't show that flyout in the other games as well.
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Naga X mouse.
    Not able to edit.

The gear icon for editing the first post in a thread if you are the OP is at the end of the title insertion field.
    DOH!!!!
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on September 9, 2022 5:01PM
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Please can anyone else tell us if it does or does not work for you? See O.P.
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got myself the

Logitech G600

Way better experience in my mind

Since I also ran into problems with that software
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the fact that it updates way too often, I have generally been happy with razer software. Their hardware is where they shine, but the software usually does what I want it to. I mostly just remap buttons, and have a few simple macros for other games. I haven't tried to do what you are describing, so probably cant be much help.

Was it working the way you wanted prior to the latest update?
    Options
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Got myself the
    Logitech G600
    Way better experience in my mind
    Since I also ran into problems with that software
    I'm giving up on Razer. Looking at that G600 and also the Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite.
    Anyone know if either brands software will do what I want?
    Other than the fact that it updates way too often, I have generally been happy with razer software. Their hardware is where they shine, but the software usually does what I want it to. I mostly just remap buttons, and have a few simple macros for other games. I haven't tried to do what you are describing, so probably cant be much help.

Was it working the way you wanted prior to the latest update?
    I just discovered using two profiles a few days ago.
    This thread got me on the path to two profiles.
    Advice on Positioning and Movement
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on September 9, 2022 10:52PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Curly

Do you still need assistance with your mouse issue in ESO?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Curly

Do you still need assistance with your mouse issue in ESO?

@ZOS_Bill sorry I missed this. Yes and no. Razer never figured out how to get those flyout windows to appear in game, where they are needed. So I color coded the profiles on the keyboard and mouse. Green (non combat) and purple (combat) so when I switch I can tell.

I contacted Cosair. Its software will not display in game what profile I'm on either.
    Options