Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mouse Acceleration

jrta
jrta
I cannot find a way to disable mouse acceleration in the game and it's unplayable when on. Is there some setting in the ini file I can add that would turn acceleration off?
  • Harldin
    Harldin
    I have the same problem.
    It's completely unplayable with mouse acceleration on! Please fix!
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Can you guys provide a bit more information on the issue that you are experiencing with your mice and what operating system that you are running?
    Staff Post
  • stibs84
    stibs84
    Soul Shriven
    Hey,

Can you guys provide a bit more information on the issue that you are experiencing with your mice and what operating system that you are running?

I'm experiencing a similar issue, too. The in-game mouse acceleration is way too fast; I can move my mouse half an inch at a (relatively) normal hand-travel speed, my character performs a 180* spin. Adjusting mouse speed does not help the problem, and the only way to mitigate it is to move my mouse a just few millimeters per second.

I'm using a Logitech G700 (plugged in) on Windows 8.1. Not sure how to find out what build of the game I'm running, if you need it.
  • Lewskam
    Lewskam
    Hi,
    Same here.
    windows 7
    Zowie EC1 evo (windows' drivers)
    Thx
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to bump an old thread, but I did a search and came across this issue after the recent patch.

Mouse speed is fine if I stay in to a box area in front of my character, but it seems to over compensate when looking to far left or right/up or down.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Scharesoft
    Scharesoft
    ✭✭
    After the last patch I've got the same problem.

I use a Logitech G700 and it's unplayable when I move the mouse fast... I hope there is a solution.
    Edited by Scharesoft on September 24, 2014 4:20PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Scharesoft,

This setting is able to be customized further in the Usersettings.txt. Head to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live and open UserSettings in Notepad.

The second and third inputs on the document are the mouse sensitivities for first and third person respectively. You are welcome to edit the value, save the document, then launch the game until you find something you're comfortable with.

We would advise you to keep a note of the default value before making any changes. We set ours to "0.00005000", and let's just say it took about 20 swings of the mouse to actually confirm we had moved the camera at all.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Warrilad
    Warrilad
    ✭✭
    Im having this same issue, it only started 2 days ago, its driving me insane, i didnt change anything.

ZoS please help!

Thanks
    Warri
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro a long-dead thread, but I'm having the exact same issue on a brand new PC with a Logitech wired gaming mouse.

Any help would be most appreciated!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread being nearly 6 years old and some of the information is outdated, we've decided to close the discussion. You can start a new thread if you are unable to find any recent discussions on this topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.