The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

just did group boss at dubdil tower whatevs and no credit for it

Memory_In_Motion
Memory_In_Motion
✭✭✭✭
no credit given for endavors. also the chest in the end has low quality gear... but mostly it's just the lack of credit for daily endavor. i looked up on eusp for eso group bosses and it was listed. so how do i get no credit for it?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 30, 2022 2:01AM
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no credit given for endavors. also the chest in the end has low quality gear... but mostly it's just the lack of credit for daily endavor. i looked up on eusp for eso group bosses and it was listed. so how do i get no credit for it?

Today's endeavor is for a world boss, not a group boss. Yes, it's a bit confusing, but you need to kill one of those bosses in any zone that look like a big skull and crossbones in overland territory, not in a delve/dungeon.
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    That apparently is a world boss site, with a daily repeatable associated quest in Vvardenfell

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dubdil_Alar_Tower
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it is definitely one of the World Bosses in Vvardenfell. I already did the Egg Mine boss on PC EU for the endeavor, but I'll do Dubdil on PC NA to see whether it counts for me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    there was like three of us that did it i don't know if the others got it or not we were not grouped. Ha another grouped with me for solathan council group boss and it was fine....
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing about Dubdil, if you were doing it for the daily then you need to be sure to grab his notes which are off to the side. I'm guessing that doesn't-- or at least, shouldn't-- affect whether the game recognizes that you killed the boss, either for an endeavor or simply for "map completion"; but you won't get credit for completing the daily unless you collect his notes.

Also, if you're part of a group-- whether you're actually grouped together or just playing alongside other players-- I don't think you actually need to help kill the boss, so it might be that collecting Dubdil's notes, fighting the adds, and helping to close the rift will give you credit for completing the daily even if you never did any damage to the actual boss. If that's what happened, then it might be that you need to actually help kill the boss to get credit for the endeavor.

I'll post again later tonight after I've killed the boss.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    One thing about Dubdil, if you were doing it for the daily then you need to be sure to grab his notes which are off to the side. I'm guessing that doesn't-- or at least, shouldn't-- affect whether the game recognizes that you killed the boss, either for an endeavor or simply for "map completion"; but you won't get credit for completing the daily unless you collect his notes.

Also, if you're part of a group-- whether you're actually grouped together or just playing alongside other players-- I don't think you actually need to help kill the boss, so it might be that collecting Dubdil's notes, fighting the adds, and helping to close the rift will give you credit for completing the daily even if you never did any damage to the actual boss. If that's what happened, then it might be that you need to actually help kill the boss to get credit for the endeavor.

I'll post again later tonight after I've killed the boss.

fought the boss and all the minions pc eu. did die once though..
    Edited by Memory_In_Motion on August 29, 2022 8:15PM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression is that Dubdil Alar Tower might be bugged. Last few times I've helped someone do it the chest pops up early and the boss despawns rather than dies. It counts for the people doing the quests but, it may not count for your daily.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression is that Dubdil Alar Tower might be bugged. Last few times I've helped someone do it the chest pops up early and the boss despawns rather than dies. It counts for the people doing the quests but, it may not count for your daily.

You raise an interesting point that I forgot about.

I think-- but I'm not certain-- that you used to have to kill the boss before Dubdil went into his speech about "The creature's death caused a change in the rift, blah blah, someone must destroy the rift, even if it means my life." I'm not positive about his actual words, but it's something like that.

However, sometime ago I noticed that Dubdil goes into his speech well before the boss has actually been killed, such that it's now possible to close the rift while the boss is still alive. This will probably be too difficult to do if soloing the boss, but if it's being done by a group then one or more players can close the rift while other players fight off the recurring waves of adds that try to interrupt you.

So it might be that closing the rift so the boss despawns without actually being killed doesn't count for the endeavor.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, looks like it's bugged overall. I killed Mehz the Cozener then finished off the breach albiet too slow to save Dubdil Alar. I was the only player present so I should have got credit.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, looks like it's bugged overall. I killed Mehz the Cozener then finished off the breach albiet too slow to save Dubdil Alar. I was the only player present so I should have got credit.

I'm under the impression that it's nearly impossible to save Dubdil now, unless there are several players working together such that you can very quickly kill Mehz and close the breach shortly after Dubdil starts urging you to close the rift. Given that he now starts urging you long before Mehz has been killed, there's not much time to kill Mehz and close the rift while fighting off the recurring waves of adds. It's probably impossible to do it solo, and next to impossible to do it with a random group of fellow players.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

The thing is bugged ZOS. Please fix it? How is player helping players appropriate for a broken group boss? Maybe bugs is more appropriate?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I did it last night on PC NA and it is definitely not giving credit for the "group bosses" endeavor. I think the thread should have been moved to the Bug Reports forum rather than Players Helping Players because it isn't a question of having missed some necessary step in the fight.

I have no idea how the various endeavors are coded, but however they're coded the Dubdil Alar group boss would seem to be omitted from this particular endeavor, just as Crypt of Hearts I seems to be omitted from the dungeons endeavor.