The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can’t start siege warfare quest in Cyrodiil, trying for hours

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
I’m pretty new and trying to get that Assault passive for 30% mount speed. I’m in the AD so after speaking with Arcarin for the first time, it automatically completed the ‘Welcome to Cyrodiil’ quest. I didn’t even have to do anything where upon looking at other videos, he sends you to talk to a few other NPCs. Anyways, I found Zan so I can start the siege warfare quest but talking to him doesn’t start anything at all, there’s no marker above him either. I don’t know what’s going on. The map says Welcome to Cyrodiil is complete 1/1
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 29, 2022 2:15AM
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    You picked the wrong option in dialogue. You can either do quest or skip it (which you did). Now you can't redo it on this particular character. Don't worry, though. Just do few scouting or city quests. Or fight in a group for a while. You'll have the rank in no time.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    You picked the wrong option in dialogue. You can either do quest or skip it (which you did). Now you can't redo it on this particular character. Don't worry, though. Just do few scouting or city quests. Or fight in a group for a while. You'll have the rank in no time.

I thought I had to go speak with Sorcalin if I wanted to skip it (from watching it in videos) which I didn’t. I did blaze through the dialogue with Arcarin though but because of having to speak to Sorcalin to skip it is why I doubt I skipped it. When I try to start other quests in the area such as talking to Captain Mulamurr (which has a quest marker), the next quest marker to find General Nedra’s doesn’t appear anywhere on the map.
    Edited by Nyseto on August 27, 2022 4:12PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you use the Transitus Shrine to go to the Western Elsweyr Gate and pick up the munitions from Fangil, then take them back to Zan at the Eastern Elsweyr Gate?
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 27, 2022 7:36PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Did you use the Transitus Shrine to go to the Western Elsweyr Gate and pick up the munitions from Fangil, then take them back to Zan at the Eastern Elsweyr Gate?

No, that’s exactly my point. I started welcome to cyrodiil and it completed at the same time it started so I never got to do all that.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had you ever been to Cyrodiil before on that character and spoken with Sorcalin without having spoken with Arcarin first?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That quest is just so poorly done and could use an update with a much better introduction, including explaining to players how to get to Cyrodiil and set a home campaign, and even if skipped, the 30% speed passive should be unlocked (I don't get why it exists at all, just increase the speed of mounts by 30% at baseline and put something else PVP related in the assault line).
    Edited by Dawnblade on August 27, 2022 8:02PM
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Had you ever been to Cyrodiil before on that character and spoken with Sorcalin without having spoken with Arcarin first?

Not at all. My first time to cyrodiil was just to get that assault passive for the mount speed I submitted a ticket and all. YouTube just said talk to Arcarin and go from there but me talking to him completed the quest in the same breath as starting it. Weird
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    That quest is just so poorly done and could use an update with a much better introduction, including explaining to players how to get to Cyrodiil and set a home campaign, and even if skipped, the 30% speed passive should be unlocked (I don't get why it exists at all, just increase the speed of mounts by 30% at baseline and put something else PVP related in the assault line).

Upon researching, it looks like there was a bug as far back as 2014 where if people destroyed the siege kit, they wouldn’t be able to complete the quest.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyseto wrote: »

I thought I had to go speak with Sorcalin if I wanted to skip it (from watching it in videos) which I didn’t. I did blaze through the dialogue with Arcarin though but because of having to speak to Sorcalin to skip it is why I doubt I skipped it. When I try to start other quests in the area such as talking to Captain Mulamurr (which has a quest marker), the next quest marker to find General Nedra’s doesn’t appear anywhere on the map.

Theres no icon for Nedra because they're in the Imperial City and the only way to get there is by queuing for an Imperial City campaign- like how you queued to enter Cyrodiil.

Once you queue into the IC you'll be in the base and quest markers should appear as they will for most everything else. Note the base is not a pvp zone- its 100% safe so feel free to take your time talking to people and looking around.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Nyseto wrote: »

Theres no icon for Nedra because they're in the Imperial City and the only way to get there is by queuing for an Imperial City campaign- like how you queued to enter Cyrodiil.

Once you queue into the IC you'll be in the base and quest markers should appear as they will for most everything else. Note the base is not a pvp zone- its 100% safe so feel free to take your time talking to people and looking around.

And about that, how are you supposed to know to queue to an imperial city campaign? Like, how are you supposed to know those types of things without googling it?
    Edited by Nyseto on August 29, 2022 4:23AM