Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Question for Steam Users Who Bought All Chapters Up to Blackwood from Steam v. From ZoS

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
This question is for those players on PC NA who're Steam users who bought all ESO content (up to Blackwood) from Steam in past. Currently, Steam isn't offering an upgrade bundle for the new Chapter. So the only way to buy High Isle on Steam atm is to buy the entire collection. Which means rebuying all previous Chapters from Morrowind to Blackwood.

Didn't want to waste money rebuying existing content. So as a Steam user, is it possible to upgrade the game directly from the menu once you login? i.e. from that upgrade option at the login menu or even after entering the game from the Store.

If this is possible, then how does that affect Steam players for future logins? Since the purchased Chapter wasn't directly bought/installed on Steam but from ZoS. As one of many Steam users, I had to endure absolute HELL in the past trying to login to the game. First being authenticated through the Steam client backend connection. And again through the ZoS server side connection. Spent ages with CS trying to resolve this login issue. So I'm concerned buying/upgrading the game from the game menu (presumably being purchased direct from ZoS/game Store and not Steam) will recreate this account login nightmare.

TL DR
If all your ESO game content was bought from Steam, but you try to buy the upgrade from ZoS? from the game menu (or the Store after you login to the game) will this create future game login issues?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 9, 2022 6:43PM
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter where you buy the expansions from, they all get linked to your ZOS account. I bought the base game on Steam, and then bought a collection after that directly from ZOS and everything works fine.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I searched "Steam High Isle upgrade" in my web browser and the first result was the Steam High Isle page, with the options to purchase the Upgrade or the Collector's Upgrade available. You don't have to buy the entire game again to get it from Steam.
    Edited by FluffyReachWitch on August 25, 2022 2:51PM
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the rapid feedback! I just figured out my brainfart on Steam. Had my game filter in the store incorrectly configured so all the Steam store purchase options for the Chapter weren't correctly showing up. Issue has now been resolved.

Thanks again for your help! :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has had their question answered regarding chapter purchases, we will now close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.