The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

eso plus is too helpful...

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
imo dlc shouldnt have been a part of eso plus and instead they should give players name race class change tokens as well as the ability to change their hairstyles makeup and tattoos (using the ones from character creation) by adding them to your appearance options..

im not complaining they are super generous but i feel like realistically this is what most VIP status are like in games it would be nice if they added these things on to eso plus and keep access to dlc just to make even more incentive to buy and keep eso plus...
because after getting everything you want for a low low price and completing the game with tons of resources, some people might not feel the need for eso plus like they used to.
and change anything tokens are pricey so it would be nice if those werent so terrible to acquire...
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 16, 2022 3:14AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players who sub wan two things. Crafting bag and DLC access. The crafting bag is very much top of the list.

The double bank space and double furnishing (for those into housing) come in just after that.

Class change token is not an issue for many active players, probably most, as they already have multiple toons across all classes, so they have little to no use for such a token. Ofc I am not saying that no one would want a class change token but it lacks the widespread feeling of necessity needed to sell ESO+. We already have access to hairstyles and tattoos and continue to get more, so that is not an issue either outside of still getting the ones we do not have yet.

Zenimax, the parent company, was recently purchased for billions of dollars and leading up to that sale, it was the largest privately owned gaming company for years. A company does not grow to that size and be as successful as they have been without some savvy marketing and business people to figure out what will drive revenue and sales. So while we have our opinions, and all I provided was mine, the opinions of those people are set into a stronger foundation.

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live service games dont want one time payments. They want predictable, steady income that will give investors confidence.

This is why "engagement" is so important for these games, and why they want you grinding every day for some reward. It's because the more you "engage" the more likely you'll provide steady revenue.

So ESO plus is what they want to push people toward. Personally? I'd rather have a single subscription and get EVERYTHING, with massive expansions being one time purchases, but the AAA industry realized that they can separate more people from their money by letting them in for free and enticing them with a soft sub that offers less.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred they stay with mandatory subscription. As it is now I like that the DLCs are included. I bought a few with crowns from ESO+ but decided that was a waste as I am not going to drop + until I am sure I am done playing the game for good.
    With the crowns you receive it doesn't take long to save up for an appearance, race or name change.

For a good number of players (I'm guessing vast majority) tokens for changes would just be wasted.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »
    imo dlc shouldnt have been a part of eso plus and instead they should give players name race class change tokens as well as the ability to change their hairstyles makeup and tattoos (using the ones from character creation) by adding them to your appearance options.

You know you can buy all that appearance change stuff in the crown store, right? Theres various packs that give you unlimited use account wide. The packs cost 500-1000 crowns each, they're pretty good value.

Not saying they shouldn't be included with Plus, just checking you know theres another way to acquire them.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be a ridiculous asking price for a new player to buy every single DLC that has ever been made? It's much more reasonable to ask players to spend another 15€ on the game every month, at least if you have not been there from the start and bought all the DLC upon their release.

The deal with ESO+ is to let players who were supporting ESO during its monthly subscription period continue to do so without forcing the same business model of ingame purchases on them that the nonsubscribers have to engage with. If you continue to sub-to-play in ESO, you will never have to buy DLC and you can spend the crowns you get on the cosmetics they release as if they had been added to the game for free.
    Of course ZOS strayed from that promise a bit by marketing "chapters" as something different than DLC and they release more cosmetics in the store per month than you get crowns but that's besides the point.

It's good that ESO+ is the way it is, although they could always add more. The small statues for example are only for a small subsection of the housing community and most people only care for a very specific subset of the statues. Something that's more generally appealing (like the crown crates they've replaced) would be better. But the reason I am not subbing isn't with what it offers but rather with how the money is being used by ZOS.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a ridiculous asking price for a new player to buy every single DLC that has ever been made? It's much more reasonable to ask players to spend another 15€ on the game every month, at least if you have not been there from the start and bought all the DLC upon their release.

The deal with ESO+ is to let players who were supporting ESO during its monthly subscription period continue to do so without forcing the same business model of ingame purchases on them that the nonsubscribers have to engage with. If you continue to sub-to-play in ESO, you will never have to buy DLC and you can spend the crowns you get on the cosmetics they release as if they had been added to the game for free.
    Of course ZOS strayed from that promise a bit by marketing "chapters" as something different than DLC and they release more cosmetics in the store per month than you get crowns but that's besides the point.

It's good that ESO+ is the way it is, although they could always add more. The small statues for example are only for a small subsection of the housing community and most people only care for a very specific subset of the statues. Something that's more generally appealing (like the crown crates they've replaced) would be better. But the reason I am not subbing isn't with what it offers but rather with how the money is being used by ZOS.

they could drop the prices of older dlc to make up for it as those parts of the game are older and the things from them arent nearly as valuable as they once were and release newer dlc and expansions at regular price for about a year or so before reducing the price of those as well.... this way new players arent playing too much just to experience places that they honestly dont have to and those who want the full experience could maybe buy a version of the game with all dlc for a good discount....
    i get that it might not be realistic with the way they want to do things financially but honestly doenst matter the way it is is fine
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I would have preferred they stay with mandatory subscription. As it is now I like that the DLCs are included. I bought a few with crowns from ESO+ but decided that was a waste as I am not going to drop + until I am sure I am done playing the game for good.
    With the crowns you receive it doesn't take long to save up for an appearance, race or name change.

For a good number of players (I'm guessing vast majority) tokens for changes would just be wasted.

True, and good points. Especially a mandatory sub. It helps ensure the quality of the game and players tend to be more committed overall to the game leading to a high level of playstyle on average.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »
    imo dlc shouldnt have been a part of eso plus and instead they should give players name race class change tokens as well as the ability to change their hairstyles makeup and tattoos (using the ones from character creation) by adding them to your appearance options..

im not complaining they are super generous but i feel like realistically this is what most VIP status are like in games it would be nice if they added these things on to eso plus and keep access to dlc just to make even more incentive to buy and keep eso plus...
    because after getting everything you want for a low low price and completing the game with tons of resources, some people might not feel the need for eso plus like they used to.
    and change anything tokens are pricey so it would be nice if those werent so terrible to acquire...

Don't forget subscribers also get crowns every month which can be used to buy anything in the crown store. So if you want race and name change tokens or whatever you can get them.

This approach also has the added benefit that everyone can choose their own 'subscription perks'. A few years ago everyone got a few free race and name change tokens for some reason and I've still got some of them. I've only used the race change ones as appearence change, and I don't think I've used the name change ones at all. It's not something I'm ever likely to buy and getting that instead of DLC would make it far less likely that I'd ever pay for ESO+, but getting crowns instead means I can choose something I do want, and it doesn't matter if it's then same as anyone else would choose.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think plus is fine as it is.