The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Discover Your Inner Minstrel & Win In-Game Prizes with the ESO Sea Shanties Community Contest

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
avavbr1vukrq.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Discover Your Inner Minstrel & Win In-Game Prizes with the ESO Sea Shanties Community Contest"

"Create an Instagram or TikTok video and sing along with us for the chance to win some in-game goodies via the ESO Sea Shanties Community Contest."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 12, 2022 2:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has questions ...

Can we use footage from inside Tamriel? It is not possible for this one really to use footage from Outside World.

Must it be TokTok or Instaspam? Can we not use Mewtube?

Khajitt uses Mewtube but not the other things.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I have the same question as Santie, is ingame footage okay?

And would it be possible to post the lyrics in here too? I'm not a native speaker and not always sure if I understand everything correctly.

Thank you!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also is it possible to have a sound file of the song? If we are to intergrate it into a piece of recorded footage we are just going to have to find some means of extracting it from the available footage. That could be quite a pain in the whiskers yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also is it possible to have a sound file of the song? If we are to intergrate it into a piece of recorded footage we are just going to have to find some means of extracting it from the available footage. That could be quite a pain in the whiskers yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I converted it into MP3, here's the link to download it from Google Drive:
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I converted it into MP3, here's the link to download it from Google Drive:

You absolute star!

Thank you so much.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, just wanted to note that I've seen your questions and getting clarification. Will circle back soon with answers.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    And thank you @Maitsukas for sharing an MP3 of the song. As SantieClaws noted, you are indeed a star!
    Staff Post
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update? Would also be interested in the lyrics ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    These are the lyrics as best I could transcribe them:

I hug the coast on the Sea of Ghosts
    And jumped at every whisper
    May Kyne’s fair kin get kissed to the inn
    But I’d rather see my Systres

So guide all hands through Dunmer lands
    And sing Saxhleel tongue twisters
    Go drink in sin in Morrowind
    I’d rather see my Systres
    I’d rather see my Systres

Way Hay over and down
    As the sunlight glister
    Sailing across the bright blue sea
    Sailing for my Systres

But I'm curious if anyone has submitted anything yet? The #EsoSeaShanty hashtag on tiktok pulls up nothing, and on instagram it says there are 14 posts but I can't see any? Anyone else having this problem?
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I see the tiktok entries now, by directly clicking the link from this thread.
    But I'm still getting this on instagram:

WpKya2g.png
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can i win my punctering sweep animation back?
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Evarelia thank you so much for the lyrics!

And nope, not seeing anything either... might be private posts?
    Edited by Wolfkeks on August 26, 2022 3:43PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any update for those clarifications? Mainly, is ingame footage okay? I see many of the entries already submitted have used ingame footage.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! In-game footage is allowed. And you do have to use Instagram or TikTok. No YouTube this time. This is mainly for tracking entries on our end. Sorry for the delay on answers, @Balastar.
    Staff Post