The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game login difficulties w/ activated FileVault?

Taucheranzug
Hey everybody,

couldn't find a proper statement about this anywhere else...

So I switched to a brand new Mac Studio (M1) a couple of weeks ago. Unlike with my previous Mac, my new Mac Studio has FileVault turned on.

Whenever I login to the game, I get a notification saying that an e-mail with a verification code was just sent to me. I then have to input that verification code before I can play. The private "house" icon in the login screen is activated though, as is the "remember user" checkbox.

I never had to wait for any verification code when I was still using my old Mac (w/o FileVault). The usual login was all that was necessary.

My question now is - could the activated FileVault somehow be the reason for the necessity to always input that verification code? Does anybody here have any experiences with that? Before I really turn off FileVault, I'd really like to learn more about its connection to the ESO login process...

Thank you guys in advance!

Best
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 16, 2022 1:16PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The FAQ linked below goes over some circumstances on why you may still be requested for an access code at login.

Login Access Code - Account - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Taucheranzug
    Hey everybody,

found out that the reason for the above problem was the ever-changing INTERNAL IP address of my Mac after all (WiFi and/or Ethernet cable). Defined a reserved IP address for the Mac in my router settings, problem solved So it's actually not the external IP address alone that is being checked, it's the internal one as well!

Sorry for the confusion - sometimes the official game support is right after all ;-)

Best
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding your login issue. With the OP finding the culprit, we will now close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.