Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Tales Of Tribute's Top Players Share Their Thoughts & Strategies"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
2z3tljp77z8q.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Tales Of Tribute's Top Players Share Their Thoughts & Strategies"

"Get tips and strategies from two of the ESO community’s top Tales of Tribute players."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 8, 2022 9:41PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article didn't get linked. Fixed!

I do love how the spectating guy is like, "How are you pulling that off? With those cards?"

And the guy he's watching is giving his opponent the stink-eye like "Don't you dare touch that card I want. I know you're thinking about it."
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 3, 2022 4:04PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the catch there, @VaranisArano. Linked now.

And I want to add this face as a new user icon.
    rvz8axlut04c.png
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the catch there, VaranisArano. Linked now.

And I want to add this face as a new user icon.
    rvz8axlut04c.png

Hehe!

Actually, since the last batch of icons added a bunch of faces from the promotional art like this, would it be possible to go ahead and release matching forum icons when the art gets used? I'm probably too attached to this old Red Diamond to change mine, but I know there's others who like changing it up now and then. And your artists really do a great job portraying characters through their expressions!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @VaranisArano So the plan is to do updates 1 to 2 times a year for new icons. Since it takes a bit of legwork to do, getting a bunch in one batch is the goal. So we should be adding another batch toward the end of the year. We'll be going through some of the promotional art for the year to pull some names also.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @VaranisArano So the plan is to do updates 1 to 2 times a year for new icons. Since it takes a bit of legwork to do, getting a bunch in one batch is the goal. So we should be adding another batch toward the end of the year. We'll be going through some of the promotional art for the year to pull some names also.

Thanks, and thanks also for clarifying how that works! Looking forward to seeing the batch when it comes out.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this! PinkApple and I were #1 and #2 two seasons in a row. I was at a 75-80% win rate.

I think people chalk up way too to RNG--there's a lot more strategy than first meets the eye! It takes a few matches to get the hang of it, but it's definitely worth trying out if you passed on this early.
    Edited by JHartEllis on August 7, 2022 2:17PM
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this! PinkApple and I were #1 and #2 two seasons in a row. I was at a 75-80% win rate.

I think people chalk up way too to RNG--there's a lot more strategy than first meets the eye! It takes a few matches to get the hang of it, but it's definitely worth trying out if you passed on this early.

Sounds like tales of tribute has a proper mmr system that is shared with players. Why is this the case here and not in battlegrounds? Or is there just no mmr in tales too?

Thanks 😊
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    Nice comments guys! I hope this game mode gets some decent traction and we get some changes to keep us on pur toes or a character title to keep us fighting for top spots.
  • Dreepa
    Dreepa
    ✭✭✭
    Duke Of Crows cards seem to be a must-play so far.

Myself and a friend of mine, so far, have seen a pattern where you always buy a purple card if it is available and destroy purple cards so the enemy doesn't get them.

I think it boils down to the old mistake Magic the Gathering did: Drawing cards with a secondary effect is just extremely strong, as you basically have the effect for free (the draw card replaces the current card, effectively making it a free effect with no weight on your deck.)

Magic banned or limited those cards from Alpha/Beta/Revised Edition and made their mana cost much higher in later editions.

I think ToT would benefit from looking into this.