Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The One Skill Change that will Break Magden in PVP

Caribou77
Caribou77
✭✭✭✭✭
The proposed U35 change to Deep Fissure, slowing it to delays of 4 and then an additional 6 seconds from time of cast, will absolutely break one of the most struggling pvp classes (Magden),

Deep fissure is the only effective pvp skill magden has.

If you have tried to line up deep fissure on a good player, you know that it’s very challenging at 3 seconds. Extending that delay to 4 and then 10 SECONDS from time of cast simply will not work in pvp.

If you play a PVP magden, please show your support for this point here so that the Dev team can get a sense of how important this proposed change is to the magden class, so that they will leave deep fissure as it is: Magden’s defining and only competitive skill (PVP).
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 1, 2022 2:09AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah we've been trying to ask for them to revert the timers.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And somehow they made it even worse than it was on 8.1.0.
  • ThirdEye_PULSE
    ThirdEye_PULSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 second Sub assault fissure has been the defining class identity for warden since he was made. Dont like this change at all. I dont like this complicated chicanery their doing with skills now... just like Crystal Wep. Sounds good when your sitting around theorycrafting like its a pen and paper D&D game... those brain dopamine printing damage numbers... but in practice its just bad. Im an ex warden main and i honestly cant believe what theyve done to the class. It used to be considered ZOS favorite child.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. As a healer, this is the only offensive skill I have that really helps me in pvp.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    1000%
    These changes seem so arbitrary.
    I have mained Magden and stuck with it, even though it is bottom tier, because it is a fun class, but now I'll have to switch.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't love the timing of the new magic beetles either but that really has nothing to do with how insanely strong PvP wardens are in this patch.

They got an instant stun attached to their burst heal which now scales off DMG stats instead of HP. They got THE best snare removal in the game. Insane levels of penetration for free.

Its difficult to make beetles work in a 1v1, yes. But in cyrodiil or battlegrounds its pretty much the same as always.

If you're a pvper and you mained warden but are leaving now... Well, you're just wrong tbh. I do understand, like templars are complaining, that you feel the animation/timing of your iconic move was taken from you. But that's really just a feeling. Give it an honest attempt... Get in there and mix it up, you'll see that they helped warden out tremendously.
    Edited by OBJnoob on September 16, 2022 12:29AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I don't love the timing of the new magic beetles either but that really has nothing to do with how insanely strong PvP wardens are in this patch.

They got an instant stun attached to their burst heal which now scales off DMG stats instead of HP. They got THE best snare removal in the game. Insane levels of penetration for free.

Its difficult to make beetles work in a 1v1, yes. But in cyrodiil or battlegrounds its pretty much the same as always.

If you're a pvper and you mained warden but are leaving now... Well, you're just wrong tbh. I do understand, like templars are complaining, that you feel the animation/timing of your iconic move was taken from you. But that's really just a feeling. Give it an honest attempt... Get in there and mix it up, you'll see that they helped warden out tremendously.

And now that Pen is being removed next update :D
    Ive heard more about Polar Wind being amazing than i have Arctic Blast.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polar wind scales off max HP and reaches out to heal another as well... I think that's the way it always was, wasn't it? Maybe they buffed the heal but unless you're a tank or a healer I think arctic is the way to go. It stuns immediately now instead of after like 5 ticks of damage. I use it on my front bar and try to stun an opponent right before the 2nd beetle blast.

Its probably good the pen is being removed, I think that kinda killed pve warden. But seriously PvP warden is in a great state at the moment. The new timing just takes some getting used to.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the pen from Advanced Species being reverted to spell damage, or simply removed?

When I pvp my deep fissure hits for 30% less damage than pre-U35.

You wanna share your gear/build OBJnoob?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I primarily play in the no proc campaign so... Pretty simple build. Heartland conqueror body, mixture of all weights with heavy being reinforced and the others either well fitted or impenetrable. Trainee ring, helmet, shoulders. Agility neck, nirn mace and sharpened mace dual wield... Also nirn sword and reinforced shield. So all three sets are active on both bars, and I'm using the markyn ring of magesty.

Got about 6.5k weapon damage front bar with about 20k penetration (after the beetles hit.) On the backbar I'm just shy of armor cap (about 32k)

Front bar skills: magic beetles, falcons swiftness, arctic blast, magic bird, spin to win , dawnbreaker
    Back bar skills: armor buff with minor protection morph, BLUE Betty, vigor, trellis (took the morph with minor lifesteal because it gives me resources back when healing allies from a green balance passive,) and uh... Flare for major protection. Trees ultimate.

I won't lie the offensive pressure isn't great. You either mash the potatoes or you do start to notice how every beetles miss just let's them get back to full health. But the tankyness self healing and mobility are kinda insane. I wouldn't recommend dueling with it, but you can X with it, and its certainly good in battlegrounds or group play.

Im no warden main or expert but I started playing my warden when u35 hit console and with my very first attempt at a build, on day 3, I was doing things I honestly never did on my other characters. Its arguably been overbuffed and may see nerfs soon, albeit little.

Edited to clarify that I've had a stamwarden and a magwarden for a while, already built. Just didn't play them in a while.
    Edited by OBJnoob on September 17, 2022 2:22AM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know why they has to change the % dmg from slotting animal to penetration, i can get enaugh penetration by deep fissure, sharpened maul, stuhn /light armor and balorgh. And changing it to crit dmg also isnt better, crit stackers reach cap easily and non crit stackers are not stacking crit. Malacath isnt meta anymore anyway so why give crit dmg to one of the few classes who can wear it? Not everyone wants to stack crit. Why not give %dmg increase again or change it to wpn/spell dmg? Everyone needs weapon damage and %dmg increase, even tanks sometimes use heals scaling with wpn dmg.
    Edited by Iriidius on September 17, 2022 1:39PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that what they're doing? Making it increased crit damage? I don't like that idea at all. I like the penetration but understand why it needs to go. Crit damage is bad for the exact same reason. Hopefully they just revert it honestly.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been working on retooling my mag warden build for PVP the past couple of weeks, and have yet to find a way to make deep fissure an effective PVP damage skill. The new delays are just too long. And if I decide to go ahead and cast it every three seconds, the greatly reduced damage of the first hit is not effective/barely scratches the opponent. I think surprise attack on the tooltip only does 200 less damage than deep fissure, and it seems a lot of nightblades are spamming surprise attack these days.

Anyway, fissure was pretty much it for being able to do damage on my mag warden. Screaming cliff racer is utterly useless as it gets dodged 90% of the time. I’ve been using crushing shock instead, which is fast, and actually hits, but does very little damage.

Is anybody having any success with a mag warden build in pvp? I’m not talking about going to dual wield or two handed to make up for the lack of magica abilities that work on Mag Warden. If it would make me happy to spam whirling blades, I would do it on a more effective class. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Edited by Caribou77 on September 21, 2022 12:19AM