The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where are the treasure maps?

soulclaw
soulclaw
✭✭✭
I've come back to the game and was wondering why the guild merchants aren't selling treasure maps. Have some really cool items been added to the treasure chests and people are digging them up rather than selling the maps? I used to buy a pile of maps and spend the day wandering around digging them up.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 1, 2022 2:02AM
Sweetie, can you show us on the doll where the bad man from Blizzard touched you?

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took them all, they're mine now
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be plenty of maps in traders. But yes, they have been buffed and are popular now.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquities made a lot of the maps more valuable - Leads for new Motifs basically. Most DLC zones don't have any yet tho so those are still boring/not as worthwhile to do.
  • soulclaw
    soulclaw
    ✭✭✭

I knew it, it's always you.
    Sweetie, can you show us on the doll where the bad man from Blizzard touched you?

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulclaw wrote: »

I knew it, it's always you.

yup, if you pay me enough, I might give me you a Rivenspire Treasure Map II. otherwise, I'll be sitting under the vvardenfell volcano on top of my gigantic pile of paper, like smaug, except a miserly librarian
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went and destroyed 200 treasure maps in my storage. They were taking up a huge amount of space being unique and multiple duplicates. I didn't want to do them, I'm guildless so I have nowhere to sell them, so I went through one at a time and destroyed them all. ^_^
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went and destroyed 200 treasure maps in my storage. They were taking up a huge amount of space being unique and multiple duplicates. I didn't want to do them, I'm guildless so I have nowhere to sell them, so I went through one at a time and destroyed them all. ^_^

I think your avatar is screaming in horror. :(
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No space for MT , destroy

Unless Zos plan to upgrade the on list quantity from guild merchant

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had over a hundred of them circulating in my mail between accounts but ALL of that vanished along with all the other items i was passing back and forth and selling off a little at a time.

something broke.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I list them pretty often and they sell quick.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig them all, apart from two exceptions that I give for free to friends: Cyrodiil ones because it takes too long to go pick them to my taste and Craglorn ones that are not within a safe zone.
    Edited by DreamyLu on July 31, 2022 8:23AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you are looking at, but I found PAGES of Treasure Maps on every guild trader I went to yesterday.
    (I haven't logged in yet today.)

They were out of my price-range, but still, there were LOTS of them.
    And I didn't have to go all over Tamriel to find them; this was at every guild trader I went to, and I started in Windhelm, not one of the more popular places where the bigger guilds have their stores.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      They sell out fast as can get sticker book gear, motifs, or paintings in them. Lastly endeavors sometimes require them
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have lots I'm digging over time. I never sell or destroy them - not even the Cyrodiil ones!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      They can be a bit tricky to search for at Traders but they are there.

As people have mentioned the contents of those chests have become more desirable especially due to Antiquities and potential but low-ish chance for motif leads.

It is worth remembering that the original base game zones treasure maps can also contain motif leads, so they are also of interest to new or returning players. 😃
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post