The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Molag ball doesn't drop anything

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
So i was doing molag ball with my new char and lots of other players, it was awesome, felt like a dolmen!
but there were never any drops, i did molag around 3x untill i just decided to quit.
I really wanted the soul shriven skin, what's going on? Do i need to use a cp 160+ character?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 1, 2022 2:19AM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken a maximum of 12 players can loot the Simulacrum. And if more than 12 take part in the final battle, the participants with the lowest damage dealt will get nothing.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the top 12 dps get loot.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i was doing molag ball with my new char and lots of other players, it was awesome, felt like a dolmen!
    but there were never any drops, i did molag around 3x untill i just decided to quit.
    I really wanted the soul shriven skin, what's going on? Do i need to use a cp 160+ character?

Honestly, the best thing about doing that boss in IC is the dye you get from it.

Also the soul shriven skin is a runebox so it shouldn't matter what the character's level is, but other people are probably right in that only the top 12 DPS get drops. :(

That said, it's a very rare drop, so it just mightn't have dropped for you yet either.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? That's awfull, there's no way i'll ever get top 12...

thurston-waffles-meow.gif

Edited by francesinhalover on July 31, 2022 11:50PM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer, i never see anything from world bosses unless there's less than 12 people present. I do wish they'd hand out loot a different way.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Molag drops next to nothing 99% of the time. It's that 1% you get a skin and make some gold. RNG is not your friend.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Molag drops next to nothing 99% of the time. It's that 1% you get a skin and make some gold. RNG is not your friend.

i know, but i always wanted the skin and i have no gold to buy it :/ , it's expensive on pc eu
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag balls!

Lol.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    As a healer, i never see anything from world bosses unless there's less than 12 people present. I do wish they'd hand out loot a different way.
    As I understand healing counts together with damage, however if an boss get zerged people don't take much damage.
    And for molag ball people take damage then he explodes but you are healing them after he is dead
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

What? That's awfull, there's no way i'll ever get top 12...

thurston-waffles-meow.gif

Same. if you want the drop don't bring a healer. Or switch to dps setup before the fight.

I don't even know why that is a thing except apparently if you're healing you're supposed to give drops to everyone like you're Florence F. Nightingale lol
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go with an organized group they norrmally run as a 12 for a reason, same with IC boss farming groups. It's a bit of a mess during the events but outside of it find a guild group or similar and it should be fine.

There is a cooldown on Molag so you don't get good loot if you just sit in the middle of the sewers farming him, you have to take a break doing the flag bosses or similar.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you do get loot from Molag, it's incredibly dissatisfying for the effort (unless you get the skin)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molag bal does occasionally drop hakeijos, and the scamp runebox

the skin is pretty rare and you can only get that as a drop once (its not a runebox, but directly granted)

i just go down and solo molag bal occasionally, i find it quite satisfying when i can make it all the way from the base to center back to base without dying solo and can usually net 11-13k tel var lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the skin is pretty rare and you can only get that as a drop once (its not a runebox, but directly granted)

i just go down and solo molag bal occasionally, i find it quite satisfying when i can make it all the way from the base to center back to base without dying solo and can usually net 11-13k tel var lol

wait, so if i have a runebox on my inventory from doing molag ball before i can't drop skin runebox anymore?
    or do i need to get rid of the one in my inventory?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait, so if i have a runebox on my inventory from doing molag ball before i can't drop skin runebox anymore?

you can get multiple scamps

the skin is not granted as a runebox, in the loot window it would be just like "soul shriven skin" as an item that doesnt go into your inventory

if you already have it unlocked, you cant get it again

kind of similar to unlocking the xivkyn polymorphs from the superb imperial rewards boxes, those are not granted as a runebox if you get it from those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the skin is not granted as a runebox, in the loot window it would be just like "soul shriven skin" as an item that doesnt go into your inventory

kind of similar to unlocking the xivkyn polymorphs from the superb imperial rewards boxes, those are not granted as a runebox if you get it from those

i guess i'll never be able to use my skin box... because it's 1.6mill i won't earn in the future.

thanks for the info
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i guess i'll never be able to use my skin box... because it's 1.6mill i won't earn in the future.

thanks for the info

as far as i was aware the skin never came in a box (at least it didnt when i got the skin the 2nd time i killed molag bal when IC first released), but ive never gotten a skin since and ive killed molag bal probably 100s of times since
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master