The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck on Applying Patch

Kosef
Kosef
✭✭✭✭
I'd like to come back to the game possible, but here I am trying to launch the game and I'm stuck on 69gb applying patch. This has got be a bug or something. I even let it go down once..only to have to restart applying patch again. What is going on?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 1, 2022 2:04AM
Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
Khur - Redguard - Warden
Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
Guild:
[Ninja Squirrels]
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    I'd like to come back to the game possible, but here I am trying to launch the game and I'm stuck on 69gb applying patch. This has got be a bug or something. I even let it go down once..only to have to restart applying patch again. What is going on?

Right click icon, Run As Administrator?
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - make sure there is no ESO 3rd party software running like TTC, Minion or else
    - move ALL addons from "live\AddOns" directory (put it back after patch)
    - disable auto update, then check updates manualy
    - try to update
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time it happened to me was a dying hd. Try a chkdsk /f /x /r and look for the log for bad sectors
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try the repair option on launcher too
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kosef

If your launcher is stuck at updating, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

There are some additional steps you can also try in the help article below.

What do I do if my ESO launcher won't start or gets stuck at "Looking for launcher updates"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post