The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two 5 piece sets - is the bonus always there?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Help me understand something....

When I wear two piece sets 5 piece set
set 1: chest, girdle, sabatons, grieves, gauntlets.
&
set 2: shoulders, two jewelry, two handed weapons (bow and 2H)

Am I getting the 5 piece bonus for both at the SAME time?

For example let's use:

Twice Born Start as set1 (allows to Mundus stones - 100% uptime)
&
Orders Wrath as set2 (gives an extra 8% crit chance - 100% uptime)

I will have both Mundus Stone gains + the 8% crit/heal bonus?

Or do I sound like a crazy person?

Tankz,

Z
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 29, 2022 4:00PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, unless you are in a zone that specifically disables procs like NoProc Cyro or IC.

As long as you've got 5 pieces, you'll get the bonus. It's actually not useful to wear more than 5 pieces since there's nothing extra. You have 12 slots by default (7 armor, 3 jewelry, and 2 weapons) so you can have 2-five piece sets and a two piece, or any other combo.

Note that the 2 weapon pieces will not count if you're not on that bar, so if one of your 5-piece sets is on the weapon, you'll lose that bonus when swapping unless both weapon bars are the same set.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 28, 2022 11:02PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @tomofhyrule thank you so much for clearing that up!

I am guess a sword and Shield together count as two pieces?
    Or 1?
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Or 1?
    yes shield is one, one handed weapons are one, together they make 2. two handed weapons count as 2.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an exception to this with ebon on weapons that had a tendency to drop fractionally on bar swaps, so you always tended to wear it on body.

Ebon is not a thing now, so doesn't really matter. We no longer really run the same back bar and front bar gear, with most tanks using a vate or master sword and board.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or 1?

Don't be confused if you ever find sources saying that staves, twohanders and bows only count as one set piece. A long long time ago that was the case but not anymore, so these sources are simply outdated. They count as 2 item pieces because they occupy two item slots.

Also there is the concept of "back bar sets" which are sets which have effects that persists even when switching to the front bar. A good example of that are the arena weapons, whether that's Maelstrom bow, destruction staff or twohander, all of them have effects that remain active when you switch to your front bar even though your front bar weapons are different.
    The reverse exists as well, with sets you want to always have active regardless of bar because your back bar skills would not benefit from them otherwise - Elfbane is an example and as was mentioned Ebon armor, Worm Cult and Hircine's Veneer do fall off if the set isn't active on one of your bars, which can diminish their usefulness.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Backbar and Frontbar always confused me!!!!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Backbar and Frontbar always confused me!!!!

Glad I could help! :3
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    2 five piece sets of the same set do not stack as far as i know.