The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player - Account Wide Achievements - Problem for Alt Characters

Zalaan
Zalaan
After reading what I can online, am I to assume that I will never be able to track quests, etc that I do on an alt character via the achievement list? If my assumption is correct, how am I then to track the main story quests, zone quests and others on a new alt character?

[snip]

Any advice would be appreciated.

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 24, 2022 10:13AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get where you're coming from and I'd rather they hadn't done it but honestly once you get used to it it ain't that bad and can be useful in some ways.

Honestly the only thing that bugs me at this point is when I do a delve on a new toon when I get to the boss they don't spawn because the game thinks I've already killed it.

Beyond that it really isn't a problem.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are on PC, you can use Journal Quest Log addon. It can easily track all quests, including prologue quests, repetative quests (must finiush them at least once) and have very very simple interface.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game's Main story quests are easy to keep track of through the quest log because once you've started it you can't remove them, it'll be there until you complete the story.

Zone quests (including DLC main quests) are usually designed to ensure as soon as you finish one you pick up the next one. If it doesn't happen in the same conversation there will be an NPC nearby with the quest marker over their head. You can also track them using the zone guide in the map.

There's always been some quests which are missable, as far as I remember a lot of them don't give achievements so they couldn't be tracked that way either, to make sure you don't miss any of those you either need to follow a guide or use an addon.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest drawback from the universal achievements is not being able to know what group dungeons your characters have completed from the character screen. Its a pain when trying to farm skill points
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalaan wrote: »
    After reading what I can online, am I to assume that I will never be able to track quests, etc that I do on an alt character via the achievement list? If my assumption is correct, how am I then to track the main story quests, zone quests and others on a new alt character?

Short answer is: Don't.

If these things concern you, just have one character and play the game on that character. Don't make alts with the intention of replay.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest drawback from the universal achievements is not being able to know what group dungeons your characters have completed from the character screen. Its a pain when trying to farm skill points

for a console player i can definitely see that

although to be fair the dungeon achievements could be completed without finishing the quest (quite a few times i forget to turn in the quest at the end of the dungeon anyway lol)

on PC there are addons like urichs skill point finder to help with tracking that (i have at least one other that does this in the party queue list to show if you finished the quest, gear sets, or dungeon related achievements (basic ones like speed, no death, HM))
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014