The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Disable New Quickslots?

haelgaan
haelgaan
✭✭✭✭✭
I officially hate the added quickslot functionality.

I find that occasionally DURING COMBAT when i hit Q to drink a potion mid-combat, the quickslot selector suddenly comes up and starts cycling through different quickslot wheels when i'm trying to attack, block, or bash. this rather badly interferes with combat, and is massively f****** annoying.

Please - how do i disable these extra quickslot wheels, so that it is not possible for the game to take away control of my mouse mid-combat?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 25, 2022 1:32AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they can be disabled but I wish we could. I have no use for slotting emotes and other such things I have zero interest in.
    PCNA
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haelgaan wrote: »
    I officially hate the added quickslot functionality.

I find that occasionally DURING COMBAT when i hit Q to drink a potion mid-combat, the quickslot selector suddenly comes up and starts cycling through different quickslot wheels when i'm trying to attack, block, or bash. this rather badly interferes with combat, and is massively f****** annoying.

Please - how do i disable these extra quickslot wheels, so that it is not possible for the game to take away control of my mouse mid-combat?

I went into the keybindings. There is a quickslot listed I just unbind the '1' there and i still see it when I call up bank but it remains stationary. Doesn't seem to move in battle.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't animation cancel your Potion.....

It is the Right Click on the PC that brings up each Wheel, so perhaps that is what is getting in the way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Don't animation cancel your Potion.....

It is the Right Click on the PC that brings up each Wheel, so perhaps that is what is getting in the way.

that is a remarkably stupid design, then -- blocking (right mouse) is dynamic in combat. I'm not supposed to suddenly block an incoming attack, because I just chugged a pot?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post