The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Basic antiquity questions

Petoften
Petoften
✭✭✭
I have antiquity to level 7. The one thing I don't like about the system, is the fixed 'good loot' lead locations, all but requiring players (who want the good loot) to play the game by looking up guides, reading through items, collecting locations, etc. But that's not the topic.

Basic things. I'm seeing no reason to have multiple chars learn it - the treasure spotting isn't enough to do it IMO. Are there reasons to?

I started by leveling a bit in Arteum, greenbluegreenbluegreenblue, but am now going from zone to zone, doing green-blue-purple-next zone. Anything wrong with this approach?

I'm wondering if there's another good way to get some leads. Of course I get them occasionally from this chest and that boss.

Any things I'm missing I should do missing in the above?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 23, 2022 5:21PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When you have scrying at 7, go to Hollow city, Coldharbor and pick flowers for Void Crystal Anomaly gold lead (which drops like hail), scry, and excavate until your brain melts.

Maxed Excavation passive Keen Eye: Treasure Chests is rather nice to have on any char that moves where the chests lurk.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you are on the right path to me. I haven’t seen a need for it on any but one toon, for sure.

And after you can do yellow leads I found it rose somewhat passively with no need to grind by chasing the mythics and the mount I got it for in the first place. And yep, google the way for that stuff :smile:
    Esse quam videri.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I maxed it out on two characters. I doubt I will mess with it on other characters.

When antiquities first came out I got caught up in getting one of every piece of furniture. That meant looking at the guides and all that stuff. I also did the grind for one mythic item that as it turns out I never use. Now I kind of just let things happen and if I get to where I need one or two more pieces I might make a real effort to get them

For the mythics most the drops I got were from guild members asking for someone to help with their grind. Helping with that I would hear in Discord where some of the other drops happen.

If you want leads to level up you might want to pick flowers in Cold Harbor. I get the gold lead there almost every time on my way to the luxury vendor by picking flowers between there and the Wayshrine. That lead drops so often it is almost like they are taunting you with how many you get.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    From 10:14 to 10:21: three helpful replies.

10:22 mod moves thread, zero more replies. Doesn't look helpful.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure there's much else to say on the topic, unless you have follow up questions. Yes you can keep doing it the way you have been, or you can look up guides to find out how to get specific leads, either will work and it's entirely up to you which you prefer.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"