Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maybe I am stupid???

Crimsonwolf666
Crimsonwolf666
✭✭✭✭
Okay, so particularly with Ember, I gave her some equipment, most was Blue, but Ember received a blue ring and a green ring...I recently got a blue ring in a drop for her, that was better in trait too and I can't equip it to her without the other blue ring going BYEBYE. I tried to place in manually in the green ring slot but it does nothing I have clicked on both blue rings time and again in an effort to swap out the green one (I do want to keep the original blue one btw)...I can upgrade the rings...Is this a bug??? Or am I doing something wrong? Pls help!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 20, 2022 6:10PM
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you may be equipping blue ring atop blue ring in a cycle :smile:

Unequip both rings.

Equip both blue rings.

Esse quam videri.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to unequip BOTH rings she is currently wearing (on PC right click - unequip), and after that equip two rings you would like to equip (answer the biding prompt for a new ring) ?
    PC EU
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me too sometimes, but I haven't paid enough attention to determine why; I just hold and drag the 2nd ring from my inventory into the gear slot.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I had a bug once where I could not replace some piece of gear, and I think /reloadui fixed it (it was some time ago, so I'm not sure)
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had that kinda bug a while back with Bastian, it would not let me interact with the equipped gear would not let me swap the gear or remove the gear just had to /reloadui to fix it.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a feature that's been around since the game launched. If you select a ring from your inventory and click to equip, you only ever equip the first slot. You need to click and drag a ring to the other spot to equip it.

EDIT: this applies to anything with a second slot. Equipping from your inventory only swaps the first slot, but when both slots are empty then both items get equipped.
    Edited by Djennku on July 23, 2022 10:56AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    See the right click doesn't bring a drop down menu for my companions' items like it does for my character. I also can't pick up the rings and dragged them out of her inventory??? Can you guys do that? I don't know why it doesn't work for me :(
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will try a reloadui and keep trying to manually take the rings off and/or right click and see if a drop down menu finally appears. Thank you all!

Update:
    So it wasn't bringing up the drop down menu again or letting me take them out. But I did do the reloadUI and now I can interact with Embers rings and the drop down menu shows up. Guess its a random bug thing. Thank you all again!
    Edited by Crimsonwolf666 on July 24, 2022 2:58AM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya same here.....sometimes trying to equip companions just doesn't work...especially rings. Reloudui is the saving grace.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all immensely, for giving me tips. I needed to do complete reloads at least twice over to get this done. I appreciate it. I had hoped one and done, but I may just have bad luck. Thanks again!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post