Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I fix my launcher? (PC)

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I start the ESO launcher it tells me it cannot detect the game version and wants to run a repair, but that doesn't do anything, the same problem happens after the repair. I can run the game using the .exe file directly without problems, so I suspect the problem is with the launcher, not the game. Is there any way I can fix it? (Preferably without downloading everything again.)
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 5, 2022 2:01PM
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could go to the Zenimax online folder. Delete the launcher folder within. Re-download the game launcher from the ESO website.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would that just download the launcher? I'd rather not have to download the whole game again.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Danikat

What is the exact error message coming up in the ESO Launcher?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember, sorry. This was 2 weeks ago, I gave up on fixing the launcher and redownloaded the whole game because it was the simplest way.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Danikat

Just to confirm, after reinstalling ESO the launcher is now working correctly?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post