The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I need a skill recommendation for a CC

FischyJones
FischyJones
✭✭✭
Good CC for a Bow nightbalde?
Ive been trying to prepare for WM but I am afraid I lack a CC. Ive tried Magnum Shot, but it doenst feel right. Are there other alternatives? My spam is Lethal Arrow.
Edited by Psiion on July 22, 2022 1:43AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a ranged CC, but everyone has access to a PBAoE fear from the Fighters Guild skill line.

You can also run Sellistrix set for an AoE stun.

Edited by Jaraal on July 22, 2022 1:34AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Seeing as this thread is discussing character mechanics, we have moved it to the Combat and Character Mechanics section of the forums as it is better placed there.
    Staff Post
  • Aquelarre
    Aquelarre
    Magnum Shot is the best if you are planning to go with a BowBlade. Bombard is easier to land specially when 1vsX, but has lesser range. Other option is the NB skill giving speed while Invis/Crouched, stuns.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic order stun is ranged, but Magnum Shot is still probably better unless you're just getting everything roll dodged. Each morph of the NB fear skill is just a better version of mages guild/fighters guild stuns. Dawnbreaker has a stun attached, so does meteor but it will always get blocked.
  • FischyJones
    FischyJones
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Aquelarre and @Neoauspex it works! :)
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you have multiple options for different approaches

Turn evil, give you the minor stam regen buff and protection while staying inside but is stam heavy and only casted on your current location => sustain/defence AOE CC

Suprise attack is both a spammable,a CC if hitting from behind and a debuff as sundered = minor breach but is single target only => offensive single target CC

Time stop is ranged and slower but mag heavy, though you get the psijic shield just for sloting it=> defensive/free damage shield ranged AOE CC

NB fear has good range and cost less than the other option, you can also take the morph to make it a ranged trap but it has an arming time => cheaper with ranged morph option AOE CC

Bow magnum shot can be decent with BRP bow for that extra poison DoT => offensive single target push-back with optional DoT if using BRP bow
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on July 22, 2022 8:28PM