The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG: Kill agent card not working

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I had the situation that my opponent had so many agends that some of them were stacked. I drew the 2 gold "kill agent" card but could not kill any of the agents.

I guess I should have killed the agent that was lying on the bottom of the stack (this red pelin knight) but I could not access it. I cound not kill any other agents. This led to the effect that I could not transfer power to prestige because this particular agent ate it.
Edited by ZOS_Suserial on July 21, 2022 7:10PM
  • Largomets
    Largomets
    ✭✭✭
    So this bug seems to have multiple layers, as I have run into it too. The first layer is, sometimes if there are "too many" cards on the deck, the game freaks out and won't let you hit more than once.

The second is if one card has "taunt," then it will be the only option to remove. That's all fine and good for the "remove 1 agent" options such as the Psijic patron, or the black hand. HOWEVER, if the ability (like many orange deck cards) says "remove two patrons," and one has taunt and the other does not, it ONLY lets you remove the one with taunt. I assume this is a bug because if two cards have taunt, you can remove both so it's not a logic of "well it taunted you so it gets all the aggro," which would be an idiotic way to design the game, but I could at least understand that they made a bad choice instead of a bug.

So yeah, add this to the list of many issues the card game currently has, but given how horrendous the patch notes are for ESO at large and how many (especially high profile/endgame) people are quitting because of it, I don't trust this particular issue to get resolved anytime soon, if ever.
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

After review of the thread, we felt it best to move it to another channel.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    Largomets wrote: »
    The second is if one card has "taunt," then it will be the only option to remove. That's all fine and good for the "remove 1 agent" options such as the Psijic patron, or the black hand. HOWEVER, if the ability (like many orange deck cards) says "remove two patrons," and one has taunt and the other does not, it ONLY lets you remove the one with taunt. I assume this is a bug because if two cards have taunt, you can remove both so it's not a logic of "well it taunted you so it gets all the aggro," which would be an idiotic way to design the game, but I could at least understand that they made a bad choice instead of a bug.

I have the three possible scenarios of "Knock-Out 2" action on video. It's really unclear on how exactly the case of "1 taunt 1 regular" should be handled - one can make solid arguments for both resolutions. Best we can do is speculate what should be the "correct" way to handle it, though, intuitively, you should be able to Knock-Out a taunt and a regular agent with the same action.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there have been a few times that ive had upwards of 10 agents active at once against an npc

in order to select the ones that are "stacked" i had to click on the stack to get a list of all my active agents in order to play their effects

something similar might have to be done on an opponent if they have more than 6 agents out (its starts stacking them with the 7th+ agent)

npcs usually never have that many agents out so ive never run into this issue yet to test lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014