Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Camera - line of sight bugged?

Azrael_1976
Azrael_1976
✭✭✭
I am not sure, if it was before today´s patch, but I first realized it today, that leaves and other plant parts are blocking line of sight, when they are between you and the camera...

https://youtu.be/4KyJnAs2E5k

Bug or working as intended? Todays pledge Arx Corinium was very exhausting to play due to this behaviour...

P.S.: I play on Stadia, if this is important
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 28, 2022 2:03PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens on playstation alot! I think it changed a release or two ago, its very annoying that everything gets in the way now if you are zoomed out on your character
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Azrael_1976

If you are still having issues with your camera, please go ahead and post a screenshot.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Thanks for your response on that. I did a new vid of the behaviour of plant, leaves, etc. "Hard" objects are still recognized and the camera zooms in correctly. I can´t bet for sure, but I believe it was different before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uVrD5Jzro
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There could be an issue with your settings leading to these camera issues.

Try deleting these two settings files to ensure ESO is at it's default settings. To do so, follow the instructions below:
    1. Open up the Documents folder on your computer.
    2. Open the Elder Scrolls Online folder, then open the Live folder.
    3. Find the ShaderCache and UserSettings files.
    4. Create copies of each file, then delete the originals.
    5. Close everything and start ESO again.

NOTE: This will reset all in-game settings to their defaults. Please take a moment when you next log in to review the settings for the game.
    Staff Post
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    I can not delete any files of the client or my settings since I use Stadia as I mentioned in the opening post.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Azrael_1976

Since this is Stadia, you'll want to open a ticket with customer support to report this issue.
    Staff Post
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    So they sent me back here to the bug report forum (Question Reference # 220730-002665).
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We greatly appreciate you bringing this potential bug to our attention. This information has been collected and will be passed on to our development team. You will not receive a further response to this ticket.

We encourage you check the Bug Reports section of the ESO Forums as well. The development team checks these regularly and it allows you to add video and screenshots more easily to help describe the issue you're experiencing.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

The circle closes here... I started this thread in the bug report forum, before it was moved to the pc tech area..
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens on playstation too, it isn't specific to PC. It changed a few patches back and is incredibly annoying
    Soupy twist