The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Begin Your Free ESO Plus Trial Today"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
9ifunquynqed.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Begin Your Free ESO Plus Trial Today and Gain Access To DLC, Crafting Material Space, & More"

"Don’t miss out on your chance to experience the benefits of ESO Plus FOR FREE during this limited-time trial period!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 14, 2022 3:34PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when...?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, thank the storage gods
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    Remember when...?

..ESO plus members got rewarded during free trials?

Khajiit remembers.

0prbo5zgv2zl.jpg
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    Getting Posts on ESOReddit of players whom have confirmed they have ESO+ Free Trial Active (Crown Store Banner and Craft Bag accessible) but cannot use the Chapter Portals inside the The Gates of Adamant Tutorial on a new Character created after activation.

Anyone else?

@ZOS_Kevin - Is this something that is not unlocked with ESO+ Free trial like Companions etc.
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    SpaPooP wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin - Is this something that is not unlocked with ESO+ Free trial like Companions etc.

I'm not sure what is meant with Portals inside the The Gates of Adamant Tutorial, but it seems like Companions can NOT be unlocked with the free ESO+ Trial.
    Just tried it and the quest just don't show up. There are at least 5 other players in zone chat that don't get the quest too.
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    Füßchen wrote: »
    SpaPooP wrote: »

I'm not sure what is meant with Portals inside the The Gates of Adamant Tutorial, but it seems like Companions can NOT be unlocked with the free ESO+ Trial.
    Just tried it and the quest just don't show up. There are at least 5 other players in zone chat that don't get the quest too.

The Free ESO+ Trial announcement already stated that Companions would not be included. My post is about players not able to use the Chapter Expansion portals inside the Standard Tutorial that are normally available if you have paid or ESO+ access to those Chapter Expansions.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My alt accounts thank you for the free trial. Their bags were getting pretty empty. Also, they wanted Tsovkins.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not very worried about this aspect (unlike other things that remain a constant irritant) but throwing a bone to existing ESO+ users at times like this would be nice. A couple of useful mats? A hard-to-get recipe/motif? Something?

Something of value for those who already have it. Not 100 gold, but not 1 million gold either, someplace in between.

Even a few "free" Crown Crates, which are not really worth much given the drop rates, would be good.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have some reasoning why the companions aren't included in this trial? I know of a few players that have managed to gain them without ever realising that they weren't meant to be unavailable, just assuming it was a bug that they couldn't pick up the quests, which is a *very* reasonable thing to assume. You're giving players access to the Antiquities system, which is *much* more meaningful, as that lets them access Mythic items. So why not companions? @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unlocked scrying but it looks like that goes away after the trial...

so basically it looks like i should just grab as many skyshards as possible. Get as many skillpoints out as possible, unlock thieves guild and dark brotherhood although will anything be useful after the period is over?

Suggestions welcome.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

so basically it looks like i should just grab as many skyshards as possible. Get as many skillpoints out as possible, unlock thieves guild and dark brotherhood although will anything be useful after the period is over?

Suggestions welcome.

You can make some decent basic gold if you need it using Scrying through purple in all zones. Start in Arteaum until you advance to blue at least. No enemies and less running around.

You may then be able to claim the useful passive showing treasure chests in the world if you can get enough in.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Suggestions welcome.

Well this seems like an eligible thing.