The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO LIve Announcement: July 11 at 12pm EDT- Delve Into The Lost Depths & Update 35

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
zd06pxispuf3.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for Article, "ESO LIve: July 11 at 12pm EDT- Delve Into The Lost Depths & Update 35"

"Tune in for a developer preview of the two new dungeons and combat changes coming as part of The Elder Scrolls Online: Lost Depths and Update 35."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 13, 2022 2:31PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin can we have a Q&A for this stream with the combat and PvP teams?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait until they delete any comment in the twitch chat with the word "combat" in it this time...
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a very Europe-friendly time for a weekday
  • YenYuan
    YenYuan
    Legoless wrote: »
    Not a very Europe-friendly time for a weekday

it's also not a very work-friendly time for most people in the americas to be fair. In europe it will be like 4pm to 7pm right? That sounds better than 10am-noon, not that I personally work that early.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something or does this break the pattern of content release types?

Dungeon DLC > Chapter > Dungeon DLC? No non-chapter mini-zone?

• cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »
    Am I missing something or does this break the pattern of content release types?

Dungeon DLC > Chapter > Dungeon DLC? No non-chapter mini-zone?

This is just the Q3 release. Q4 will still be a zone releasing sometime in the last 3 months of the year
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really, really hope zenimax takes the time to field combat related questions during this Live. Would really like to speak to the combat team and hear their justifications for these sweeping, unwanted changes we are seemingly about to receive.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin can we have a Q&A for this stream with the combat and PvP teams?
    QFE ^ yes please and can you also please ask them to check my recent question https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7644433/#Comment_7644433 from that other new 'Update 35' thread?

Thanks.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kind of hours is this?
    Everybdy is at work at that time?
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the time is absolutely atrocious.

Also, can we please get clarification on what drops will be available? I don't want to wake up at 2AM for something I could watch on recording, if I already have the drops on offer
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't suppose you folks are giving away a pet*, as is common (or has been, in the past), for tuning in?

sA6LDTY.jpg

I don't normally go for pets, but the new hermit crab pet got me.
    And a blue hermit crab? We wants it.

*or are these just denizens of one of the new dungeons?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • blktauna
      blktauna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Will we get moderated again if we ask about PVP?
      PCNA
      PCEU
    • ceiron
      ceiron
      ✭✭✭✭
      blktauna wrote: »
      Will we get moderated again if we ask about PVP?

Will probably enjoy the pvp comments given the upcoming combat changes and event etc currently. Pvp least of the mods worries 🤣
    • Firstmep
      Firstmep
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Its 6PM central eu time, and considering EU server has the bigger population I'd say this is a good time.
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager

This is a different time (and day) when we normally stream, yes. For today's stream, we needed to work around personal schedules for those participating so this was the best we could do. This is not a permanent change and we will continue to try sticking with the usual Friday at 4pm for other streams.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
      Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
      Any word on whether we can submit some questions for the combat and PVP team or is the content more fixed presentation currently?
      @Solar_Breeze
      NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
      EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Assuming one of the new dungeons has a druid motif, will existing druids from High Isle be updated to have this new motif?
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I find myself wondering whether PTS Patch Notes will be up before the stream so we can read them first...
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elsonso wrote: »
      I find myself wondering whether PTS Patch Notes will be up before the stream so we can read them first...

Now that you mention it...

Seems like a good idea to lead in with the hype and positivity before they drop the notes on us.
      "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    • BahometZ
      BahometZ
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Damn, this starts 2am my time. Glad it works for someone.
      Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    • SimonThesis
      SimonThesis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno I would also like to be able to submit questions for the combat team or whomever, since the chat is mostly ignored and innundated midstream. Could we be directed to a forum thread to ask questions for the livestream @ZOS_Kevin?

I especially wish we could ask questions about the PvP xp event and ap events and special battleground weekends etc.
      Edited by SimonThesis on July 11, 2022 3:44PM
    • Faded
      Faded
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      "After venturing into the two new dungeons, the team will then be joined by Combat Designer Alec Verish and Lead Combat Designer Brian Wheeler to discuss and answer your questions about the combat changes arriving soon as part of the Update 35 base-game patch."

A wild Wheeler appears!

• Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faded wrote: »
      "After venturing into the two new dungeons, the team will then be joined by Combat Designer Alec Verish and Lead Combat Designer Brian Wheeler to discuss and answer your questions about the combat changes arriving soon as part of the Update 35 base-game patch."

A wild Wheeler appears!

:star: Gilliam and Wheeler are the right people to be there. :smile:
    • alternatelder
      alternatelder
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      On a Monday during work, when majority of people are too busy to watch what many think may be an important overview...
    • MyNameIsElias
      MyNameIsElias
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      On a Monday during work, when majority of people are too busy to watch what many think may be an important overview...

You can watch the video of the stream after it's done. It isn't gone forever :)
    • alternatelder
      alternatelder
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You can watch the video of the stream after it's done. It isn't gone forever :)

Some like to try and get questions in. But nevermind, I forgot they mostly ignore the chat. Plus, we miss out on exclusive pets.
    • Faded
      Faded
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It wasn't bad, catch it if you have time. Underwater dungeon is cool.

To the PTS!
    • blktauna
      blktauna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They also addressed several questions although they did not look very happy about them. Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for noting the most asked questions and bringing them up.
      PCNA
      PCEU
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      blktauna wrote: »
      They also addressed several questions although they did not look very happy about them. Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for noting the most asked questions and bringing them up.

Yes, this was unexpected (at least by me) for ESO Live, so :star: to Wheeler and Gilliam.

I'd like to see this treatment continue, but Wheeler seemed a little uncomfortable being on ESO Live, this time. Not sure what was up there. Maybe it was just short notice. Still, as time passed, he seemed to relax.

• ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      @Elsonso and @blktauna, thanks for the feedback here. We'll pass that on to Wheeler and Gilliam. We are looking into how we incorporate these going forward, so the feedback is good to have.
      Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 13, 2022 2:34PM
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post