The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Has xbox series S performance been nerfed?

drsalvation
drsalvation
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the release of high isle on consoles, I noticed most areas I used to be in without a problem have a hard time trying to keep up the framerate and drops around 30fps on performance mode. Pretty much the entire overland on high isle is at 30fps, and even Deshaan (at least mournhold - overland areas are nice with 60fps).
I used to do all crafting dailies in Leyawiin, and I've done event quests where the impresario gets crowded with lots of players, even cyrodiil zergs would run smoothly at 60fps...
Did something change? And is this getting looked into? Or is it just my console?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 4, 2022 7:13PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happens sometimes after a major patch.

There will probably be an incremental soon that smooths it out again.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your Xbox eso video settings are set to performance. After the patch mine were set to the other one.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, my settings were set to performance, but for some reason the game was behaving like it was fidelity, I switched to fidelity and applied changes, then switched back to performance, that did the trick. I was getting scared the series S wouldn't be able to handle graphics as good as a series X anymore lol.
  • ixmike
    ixmike
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox Series X--looks and runs great on performance mode--and I'm so glad the new High Isle update got rid of the invisible 2-handed melee weapon bug and that other annoying bug where the game didn't save your brightness settings.
    Xbox NA, DC NB.Gamertag: swampfoxix
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are some standard troubleshooting steps in the link below that can help improve your performance while playing.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Bill I found out the game is switching to fidelity mode by default even when the settings are set to performance every time I start the game. I switch to fidelity and then to performance mode to fix it, it looks to me like a bug in the game's starting configuration settings rather than the console itself.
    It's easy to tell because when I switch to fidelity, there's no load screen or anything, the game just continues as normal, then I switch to performance and the load screen appears, if I switch to fidelity again, the load screen will appear this time, so this implies that the game was running in fidelity despite the settings showing it was in performance mode.