The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Torn between Stamina Dragonknight and Stamina Templar

Jarl_Ironheart
Jarl_Ironheart
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been on and off again with this game for 6 years but I have never been able to make a main and play everything with them. I keep making new characters and deleting them and restarting. I've managed to at least narrow down to either Stamina Dragonknight or Stamina Templar. I have played both to CP900 with gold gear and good rotation. But I can't stick with one or other. I have played Stamplar after high isle update but not Stam DK. I am a solo player but when I do dungeons I am a tank. I don't care about Meta or BiS. I just wanna know about the pros and cons according to others. What did you all pick and why?

I have also thought about making a Necromancer as well but I am kinda thrown off by the weird summons. I'll accept arguments for Necro too! Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2022 3:27AM
Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not the answer you are looking for, but if you've played them both, then you know better than anyone else what works better for you.....so, only you can decide really. Maybe check out some online builds and see if you can find any suggestions that sound good to you.

...and.....the magica versions for both DK and Templar are stronger although slightly harder to play well.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not the answer you are looking for, but if you've played them both, then you know better than anyone else what works better for you.....so, only you can decide really. Maybe check out some online builds and see if you can find any suggestions that sound good to you.

...and.....the magica versions for both DK and Templar are stronger although slightly harder to play well.

Well I haven't played DK in after this current update so I am not sure how it handles after all the skills changes and hybridization. And I have never been able to get into Magicka characters. I just don't enjoy using a staff enjoyable. I prefer being a warrior but it's hard to be a true warrior in ESO. Closest you can get is a spell sword.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamplar is easier to play than a Stam DK, albeit Stam DK is not that hard. For solo content, Stamplar has better heals and their spammable (Biting Jabs) is a direct damage and AOE attack in one. You can almost one-bar a Stamplar and not miss a beat. There are no real downsides to a Stamplar for solo content as a DD. For group play, its more middle of the pack compared to a Magplar or a Stamsorc, but again, its easier to play. Big drawback is the Templar tank is not ideal. I've tried it a few times, it feels lacking, especially in CC's.

Stam DK is a more versatile class. The heals and buffs are strong, but it feels more static and brawler-style than the Templar. DK is one of the best classes for tanking in group content. If you are looking to build a main that can DD and tank, which is much easier now with the armory, I would go DK.

For either, if you are looking to do multiple roles, look at getting a Dark Elf. Because while the Templar tank is meh, the Templar healer is amazing. So its nice to have a race that can flip to magicka easily.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon knight, easy to get cosmetics that are class themed. (Blackwood collectors alone gives 1 fire mount and pet)
    Several skills you can use. With visual variety
    Great for tanking.
    Gives character cool special effects.
    No stam whip spammable.

Templar, harder to get cosmetics that are class themed.
    More limited on usable skills.no visual variety.
    Skills light effects hurt the eyes.
    Easy to use for dps

Necro , less hard than templar to get themed cosmetics.
    Lotssss of skills you can use, visual variety.
    Skills requires corpses to use, making the class a bit annoying.
    No permanent combat pets like sorc.
    Has the best ultimate in the game, where you can res your team.
    Alright for tanking.
    This is halloween, halloween , halloweeennn!!!
    You can grind and use worm wizard personality on it.
    Nerienth is releasing 14 and you can use it on necro.
    Imperial city collectors edition might re release soon and looks good on necro.
    You get bounties if you pvp near npcs.

Edited by francesinhalover on July 1, 2022 3:26AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post