The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magic Recovery broken?

birdmann1230
Post-update my magic seems to run out a lot faster than before despite the number on the character sheet being normal. A guild mate had the same issue on his healer today. Did something change here or is this bugged?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 29, 2022 3:40AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

We have moved this thread to a more appropriate section.

Best,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel I've had the opposite problem on my magden dps. I noticed it on PTS and spent a good bit of it comparing stats and things to live but couldn't figure out what was causing the difference.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • birdmann1230
    how is this is a PHP issue? not seeking help on how to build up recovery, I want to know what changed or broke in the update when I didn’t change my build, and I am not the only one.
    Edited by birdmann1230 on June 29, 2022 5:45AM
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not seeing any difference for my magdk and they took a bit of a nerf. I did notice a significant change when I moved to gear with more medium pieces, but that is the armour passives.
    Do you still have your mundus btw? People lose theirs when loading an armoury slot because previous slots don’t have the mundus saved and it is now something that is saved.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to know what changed in the update when I didn’t change my build, .
    Since you haven't posted any numbers or details yet , it's sorta difficult to help you tbqh. However, assuming you're playing on PC/Mac platform, you might want to read through the recent 'patch notes' here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/608566/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-0-6 and see if perhaps something affected your specific "build" ?
    Edited by NeeScrolls on June 29, 2022 2:59PM
  • birdmann1230
    @NeeScrolls @M0ntie Running on PS4 NA, not PC. I run a magsorc, wasn’t really anything much on them that got messed with. Mundus wasn’t an issue, it’s a damage one anyway.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls Running on PS4 NA, not PC. I run a magsorc, ..
    ahhh ok, now it makes more sense then and in that case i probably should've given you the PLAYSTATION notes instead: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/608717/playstation-patch-notes-v2-32-1-14-high-isle-update-34 ....since i've heard lots of issues often happen differently (or not at all) depending upon whether console or PC.
    Edited by NeeScrolls on June 30, 2022 2:28AM
  • birdmann1230
    @NeeScrolls yeh I read the patch notes, like I said magsorc didn’t really get messed with this patch. The crystal frag change isn’t really a factor.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls yeh I read the patch notes, like I said magsorc didn’t really get messed with this patch. The crystal frag change isn’t really a factor.
    hmm...i'm trying to figure out what it could be then ....

What's your CP level ? And what's your exact template? ( "magsorc" but like which skills & stats & sets & stuff )
  • birdmann1230
    @NeeScrolls respectfully I’m not new to this game. This is a new issue post-patch only. I’ve got a few guild mates on different builds and classes with a similar problem, was just curious to see if others were seeing this problem.
    Edited by birdmann1230 on July 1, 2022 5:40AM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls respectfully I’m not new to this game. This is a new issue post-patch only. I’ve got a few guild mates on different builds and classes with a similar problem, was just curious to see if others were seeing this problem.
    Yeah i wasn't implying you were "new" or whatever. Rather i was just trying to get more data & details is all. Since i haven't seen anyone else (yet) posting about your issue anywhere else on these forums.

Anyways np , GL . /tip-hat
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I was in a nDLC dungeon, then the new trial last night and noticed the same thing on my main heal/dps Breton magsorc. I rarely run out of magic on her, and when I do it's because PvP or I'm spamming flappy heals to 360⁰ grab everyone. I might not have had my mundus due to the armory change with update, but it wasn't the recovery mundus on that build anyway, so it shouldn't have been that noticable. I have been experiencing lots of lag & disconnects, but that seems unrelated (unless the server is missing my HA for resources but I'm getting numbers).

Unfortunately, as I am in console getting data isn't as easy as PC. During the fights I was glancing at my debuff bars for anything to explain it, but didn't see any effects there. Of course I could have missed something; the icons are tiny, there's a lot of them, and they're constantly shifting positions during battle where I'm also trying to keep up a rotation/reactive heals for an unorganized-but-having-fun group. I also double checked the mechanics afterwards, and didn't see any sustain debuffs listed like you see in other fights, ex Stonegarden.

I checked my sets, skills and all my CP seemed to be in the right places. I'll have to look closer and see if I missed a passive or something, but I don't think that would cause the sustain issues I experienced.

Also of note, we had to swap healers after the first boss, and the new guy was begging for shards. I didn't think to ask him about it at the end of the trial, though.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • birdmann1230
    @LurgidBean thats the kind of thought process I went through also, and my friend with a necrohealer, though he said his recov was half of what it was pre patch, but that could be necro specific. Another is a magblade. I’m a Breton as well and was wearing PFG so sustain (unless I mess up) wasn’t a big problem.