The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle WB quests bugged?

Czeri
Czeri
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else had the issue with the High Isle bosses quests where the game wouldn't register the kill for the quest? I was just at the Amenos Basin fighting the Theurges with just one other player, but after I looted the corpses I somehow still have the step to kill the Theurges left to complete...
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2022 2:57AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be sure, have you "discovered" the place the boss is at. Probably have, but that can prevent the game recognizing the kill.
    Edited by Nestor on June 28, 2022 8:41PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have discovered the Amenos Basin before, so that couldn't be it. Also, good news is that the second kill did register, so at least it's not permanent.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep the theurges are bugued, got them the other day and couldn't complet the objective of killing them (but the other objective work)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to do /bug and report in game
  • AlwaysDancing
    AlwaysDancing
    ✭✭✭
    We are finding World Bosses and WB quests to be buggy in several locations. We were at the Unmaker in Deadlands and could not interact with the daedric armor pieces for the quest. When we ungrouped, we could interact. Then we went to High Isle and had the Avarice of Eldertides WB quest, but the bosses would not spawn. There were about a dozen people waiting and after 15 minutes, I gave up.

I am concerned about the upcoming Zeal of Zenithar event which rewards people for doing content while grouped with friends and guildies. If quests are still undoable and WB do not spawn, will we be shorted on rewards? This one thinks so...

And yes, several bug reports have been submitted about buggy quests.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had issues with the faun world boss, couldn't damage it, wouldn't turn hostile either - though I did get a nice screen of my character dancing it front of it.

One of the delves on the main island had issues too, took me at least 3 times killing the delve boss for the kill to register.

Separate issues, or related, I dunno - but it doesn't sound like you're the only one having them at least.
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭
    On the topic of bugged High Isle things: the quest reward for finishing the quest and saving the sheep in
    Breakwater Cave is a sword . . . from The Rift overland set Draugr Heritage. What the what?
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apparently intended
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the topic of bugged High Isle things: the quest reward for finishing the quest and saving the sheep in
    Breakwater Cave is a sword . . . from The Rift overland set Draugr Heritage. What the what?

Not a bug but in fact intended, though they haven't offered an explanation. There are several weird quest rewards like that there, including Pariah and Essence Thief gear.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the issue with the High Isle bosses quests where the game wouldn't register the kill for the quest? I was just at the Amenos Basin fighting the Theurges with just one other player, but after I looted the corpses I somehow still have the step to kill the Theurges left to complete...

yes, had this issue, too once this evening (xbox EU). I cancelled the quest then as it was from yesterday, so did the todays daily instead.
    On an alt character it worked as intended.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that it is a complete solution, but I have been waiting to collect the "stuff" until after the boss dies. It has worked at least6 or more times since that shift.

I still wish all WB and Delve bosses would spawn quicker though!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that appears to skirt the bug: kill the female boss of the pair first.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many of the WB in High Isle either don't count the kill, or don't count the clickies for the quest. It works a little better solo than grouped, but not much. The Theurges I killed several times, never got credit. Another time I got credit, but my group-mate didn't. The Faun boss's clickies never pick up for me.

Solution: I don't bother with any of them except Dark Stone, Mornard Falls, and Yffre's Cauldron, which clear correctly and easily.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post