The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

FPS terrible in Stormhaven

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
I am currently in Stormhaven looking for Columbine and the FPS is very low. I`m talking 10-27 range with skipping.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 27, 2022 10:48PM
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Middle and eastern areas are really bad but the west is around 30-50 FPS.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was in Stormhaven just now, and my fps was 100 (with no variation).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    My fps is constantly 60 is all places in Tamriel. The only places where I dip are the inn in Daggerfall, the inn in Shornhelm and near the Gold Coast Company building in Anvil.
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    kobbi52180ee.jpg
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I can't duplicate your low fps, I went to the location you mentioned above, and my fps is still 100.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried Alcast settings and still low FPS. Any suggestions? Maybe share settings, I have a brand new RTX 2060 12G graphics card.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    Tried Alcast settings and still low FPS. Any suggestions? Maybe share settings, I have a brand new RTX 2060 12G graphics card.
    Did Alcast mention the multithreaded rendering option, in the ESO settings? Another thing you can try is to install System Explorer (an enhanced Task Manager, and as far as I can tell a reputable and safe application), then run ESO, and in System Explorer, you can (a) set ESO executable (eso64.exe, I think) task priority to High, and (b) check another checkbox to make that change permanent.

I use both of these, because playing from Australia gives me high ping, so I do whatever I can to improve ESO performance.
    Edited by vsrs_au on June 26, 2022 11:52PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    After doing alot of investigating and came up with nothing I decided just to wipe the Usersettings.txt and it is now fixed. Sitting at 100 FPS and seems to running pretty good. Thanks for the help everyone.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    After doing alot of investigating and came up with nothing I decided just to wipe the Usersettings.txt and it is now fixed. Sitting at 100 FPS and seems to running pretty good. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Good news! :)
    Did you check what the differences were between the old and new settings file? I'm curious to know what might have caused the problem.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s probably people farming the Mudcrab boss for the mythic lead. Getting near there made my console frame rate take a serious nosedive. The rest of the zone was slow as well.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could upload what the Usersettings.txt file but my system could be different from yours. Plus I don`t know if it is a violation of ESO/ZOS. This I will state that I followed Alcast and it did not help but I did change the SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "-1"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1" SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1" awhile back. I was directed to change them from -1 to 0 to get more out of my CPU. Other than changing those and following Alcast I haven`t changed anything else.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katanagirl1: I went back to Stormhaven and the FPS stayed right at 100 FPS then I went into Castle Thorn on vet and jumped around Tamerial. The FPS was about 100 FPS the whole time and there was very little lag. I`m SO happy!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update. Since the OP has resolved their FPS issue, we will now close this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.