The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gamepad Access // Vitrual Keyboard input?

phreaksh0w1985
phreaksh0w1985
Soul Shriven
Hello all I'm unsure if this is the correct place to post this.

I'm playing ESO on gamepad but when attempting to type or input in the chat window - no virtual keyboard appears for me to input.

I've attempted this in both gamepad detection mode as well as gamepad accessability mode. Am I missing something here?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @phreaksh0w1985

What type of gamepad or controller are you using?

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when trying to type?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • phreaksh0w1985
    phreaksh0w1985
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply @ZOS_Bill ! Unfortunately I'm unable to take a screenshot for the time being.

But I'm using a few things:

1) Xbox series x Controller directly connected to PC through USB

When opening chat it does open and expand, but when pressing 'X' to Select, the keybindings only change over to 'A' for Accept. I was hoping it would appear as it did in console where after I select my virtual keyboard would populate and I'd be able to select type similar to console. Unfortunately the virtual keyboard never appears.

2) I'm also streaing ESO through Moonlight using an xbox controller toward my chromcast/pixel phone. Same outcome as above.

• phreaksh0w1985
    phreaksh0w1985
    Soul Shriven
    Hello @ZOS_Bill ! Just a quick followup with screenshots you've asked for.

This is taken from my Windows pc in windowed mode as a before and after. When selecting the text field no on screen keyboard appears:

7suxks0ezet9.png
    twp8mlvpsyk7.png

Thanks Bill!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whileplaying in gamepad input mode at a pc, if a keyboard is attached to the pc, I doub there will be shown any on screen keyboard as the console does. It expects you to actually use and write by help of your attached keyboard.
    At least I never saw any onscreen keyboard at the PC so far.

Try to unplug your keyboard before starting eso, maybe that helps :D
  • phreaksh0w1985
    phreaksh0w1985
    Soul Shriven
    Interesting, I might be out of luck on this one. Thanks for your input @Baertram
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @phreaksh0w1985

As mentioned above, the keyboard is like taking priority as long as it is connected.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post