The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to move new zone chat? (Pc Windows Steam)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello, the new update, updated the overlay a bit, and the window for zone chat for me is in an odd place I like to slight move it, but clicking ENTER and using the mouse to try and grab it like before no longer works. What can I do to keep same look, but just move that box?

See image, bottom right said corner by my MAP.

9n018kbjagy7.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 20, 2022 8:16PM
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @chaz

Moving the chat window should still work in the same way it did before.

Have you tried disabling add-ons and then try moving the window?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I did. Thank you, but it does not work, I guess its part of the new UI. Accessability. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNZDYZjGCr4
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @chaz

Moving the chat window should still work in the same way it did before.

Have you tried disabling add-ons and then try moving the window?

Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Hi, now that you had a chance to see my video, 2 things,

1. Request to move thread maybe to tech support forums, and

2. Do you know with this new function offered will they build a way to manually move that chat box?

Thank you.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @chaz

Thanks for posting the video. We are going to move this thread to the bug report section for now. I don't have any information at this time on whether the chat box functionality would be moved into accessibility.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ed4893z6m8ln.png
    I wish they just move this text window from accessability from here to there to get it out of the way.

It is using the accessabiliy that locks that chat window in a very inconvenient spot. Please ask to move it down please, it is in the way.

• cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Just to chime in here...who is that chat made for?! Because its obviously not for anyone using a controller on PC or for accessibility. Its the least accessible option and is an absolute pain to use with controller. Only benefit I can see about it is its ability to be turned off for more immersive options...but definitely far from accessible.

I spend a good amount of time teaching people how to disable that version of the chat because of all the complaints people have in zone chat when it "accidentally" gets enabled for them.