Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not for sale at this time?

Aehallh
Aehallh
✭✭✭
Why are certain houses not for sale? They need more crown sales? I don't get it. Maybe a Dev can enlighten me.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 20, 2022 9:44PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones that can only be bought with crowns are not always available, they are a limited-time offer that rotates ever so often.

There is one in the crown store now, I think it’s the beach house. I can’t remember what it’s called.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    ty
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aehallh wrote: »
    Why are certain houses not for sale? They need more crown sales? I don't get it. Maybe a Dev can enlighten me.

Marketing. If something is limited time, some people will impulse buy so they don't miss out. FOMO. I have always said I think it'd be better if they had them for sale all the time, as they likely would snap up a lot of buyers who don't have impulse control problems, but I guess they don't see it that way.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The houses are coming around more often at least now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Marketing. If something is limited time, some people will impulse buy so they don't miss out. FOMO. I have always said I think it'd be better if they had them for sale all the time, as they likely would snap up a lot of buyers who don't have impulse control problems, but I guess they don't see it that way.

Yep, I've even written folks at ZOS to express this. Completely discarded that feedback, as evidenced by even more FOMO. I guess they don't want our money.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Yep, I've even written folks at ZOS to express this. Completely discarded that feedback, as evidenced by even more FOMO. I guess they don't want our money.

Not at all. I made a forum account just to ask for Tel Galen - 6 months ago. By the time it actually comes back around, I'll have enough free crowns from my + subscription I'm paying for anyway.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not at all. I made a forum account just to ask for Tel Galen - 6 months ago. By the time it actually comes back around, I'll have enough free crowns from my + subscription I'm paying for anyway.

Tel Galen was on sale not too long ago, but can’t remember when. Probably the Tribunal event.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the house can remain in-game, it can remain on sale.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the house can remain in-game, it can remain on sale.

Fully agree. Other than greedy manipulation, there is no reason for homes to be a limited time thing. They believe if they slap a "you can only get this for a week" onto an item that more people will panic buy it even if they're not sure if they actually want it. And sadly, I have a friend who does just that so they're not wrong. "I don't know if I'm even going to use it, but I better get it now while I can or I might regret it later". She pours a disgusting amount of money into the crown store out of fear something won't be available again anytime soon. I would hate to know how much ZOS makes off of the crown store alone.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@WraithCaller88 I hope you have enough because it's returning the 7th July
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 3, 2022 4:20AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!