The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deathmatch in Battlegrounds

jpl7340
jpl7340
✭✭✭
Look, idk what the answer is, but this isn’t it. When I que up for a BG, I want deathmatch. All the other formats are just boring to me. Right now, deathmatch is RIDICULOUSLY rare. I hate it. I’d rather see something along these lines for BG ques:

Solo deathmatch
Solo everything else
Group anything

No clue if this is the answer, but I need more DM in my life.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 17, 2022 2:08AM
  • prettypony
    prettypony
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I think it would be nice to be able to choose what we que for. I rarely get DM anymore, and it is by far my favorite!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jpl7340 wrote: »
    Look, idk what the answer is, but this isn’t it. When I que up for a BG, I want deathmatch. All the other formats are just boring to me. Right now, deathmatch is RIDICULOUSLY rare. I hate it. I’d rather see something along these lines for BG ques:

Solo deathmatch
    Solo everything else
    Group anything

No clue if this is the answer, but I need more DM in my life.

This makes more sense:
    • Random Objective (20% Deathmatch, 40% Flag Games, 40% Land Grab)
    • Deathmatch Only (100% Deathmatch)
    The problem is there needs to be a way to protect the Random Objective queue from Deathmatch premades.
    PC NA
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey! A BG queue thread with a Mod post! Let's check it out.

Oh...
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *yawn* another queues thread, another time proposing incomplete solution that won't fit everyone.

ZOS, you see the pattern? Every time BG is mentioned, people mention queues. Do the queues, once and for good.
    Make checkboxes, same as in "specific dungeon" selection, options:

* solo
    * group

* deathmatch
    * domination
    * crazy king
    * chaosball
    * relic

* CP
    * noCP

* proc
    * noProc

It covers it all and you won't have those threads anymore.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    *yawn* another queues thread, another time proposing incomplete solution that won't fit everyone.

ZOS, you see the pattern? Every time BG is mentioned, people mention queues. Do the queues, once and for good.

* solo
    * group

* deathmatch
    * domination
    * crazy king
    * chaosball
    * relic

* CP
    * noCP

* proc
    * noProc

THE .. GAME..DOES..NOT..HAVE..THE..POPULATION. ..TO..SUPPORT..MULTIPLE..QUEUES.

and wont do until the underlying issues are resolved.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

* solo
    * group

* deathmatch
    * domination
    * crazy king
    * chaosball
    * relic

* CP
    * noCP

* proc
    * noProc

THIS. IS. NOT. MULTIPLE. QUEUES.

You queue for all the modes = you are queueing in all queues.
    You don't queue for some mode = you make it harder for you, not for everyone else
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

* solo
    * group

* deathmatch
    * domination
    * crazy king
    * chaosball
    * relic

* CP
    * noCP

* proc
    * noProc

THIS. IS. NOT. MULTIPLE. QUEUES.

You queue for all the modes = you are queueing in all queues.
    You don't queue for some mode = you make it harder for you, not for everyone else

If you don't queue for a specific mode, you make it harder for everyone in queue for that mode to get a match as well as yourself.

For a contrived extreme example, if you have 27 people in queue with 7 in for everything, 4 in queue for deathmatch, 4 in queue for domination, 4 in queue for crazy king, 4 in queue for chaosball, and 4 in queue for capture the relic nobody gets a match despite a match requiring 12 people and having 27 waiting in queue.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a contrived extreme example, if you have 27 people in queue with 7 in for everything, 4 in queue for deathmatch, 4 in queue for domination, 4 in queue for crazy king, 4 in queue for chaosball, and 4 in queue for capture the relic nobody gets a match despite a match requiring 12 people and having 27 waiting in queue.

And for realistic example: 5 ppl queue for deathmatch, 2 ppl queue for any objective, another 20 come in and queue for anything, filling queues two times so both get the mode they want.
  • W_Murderface
    W_Murderface
    Soul Shriven
    I Want to choose deathmatch too, other mods are so boring.
  • jpl7340
    jpl7340
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I’d like to see the teams shrink to 3-person BG’s (or 2-person if it’s really low population/too many ppl want too many different formats). It’s a bit silly to hold up a game strictly to have exactly 4 people/team.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I’d like to see the teams shrink to 3-person BG’s (or 2-person if it’s really low population/too many ppl want too many different formats). It’s a bit silly to hold up a game strictly to have exactly 4 people/team.
    I'd rather shrink the amount of participating teams. You could lower BGs to two teams and even be able to increase the amount of players per team and still have the less players required to start a match.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need to get rid of 2 of the types: Chaos Ball and Krazy King. Have only Death Match, Domination & Capture the Relic. And get rid of at least one map, maybe 2.

LET PLAYERS HAVE DEATH MATCH only que. You used to do that.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I only ever get Death Match so idk what people are talking about here. I hate Death Match and want only the other stuff which I find way more fun.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    I'd rather shrink the amount of participating teams. You could lower BGs to two teams and even be able to increase the amount of players per team and still have the less players required to start a match.

The problem with this is that you are irinivcally further reducing the player base by putting off players that like BG
    darvaria wrote: »
    Need to get rid of 2 of the types: Chaos Ball and Krazy King. Have only Death Match, Domination & Capture the Relic. And get rid of at least one map, maybe 2.

LET PLAYERS HAVE DEATH MATCH only que. You used to do that.

THE GAME DOES NOT HAVE THE POPULATION, they have already tried it.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why we have to have solo vs. group queues. Groups are nonexistant. Group queues takes 15 minutes on a good day, but 30+ minutes on average. People just don't use group queue.

Literally we could solve this by making one group+solo deathmatch queue and one group+solo all other modes queue.

The core problem here is that deathmatch-wanters will always deathmatch, and objective-wanters rarely have set-ups that work in deathmatch. These two modes don't need to be in the same queue.

Hell, delete deathmatch from the objective queue and just make a new 4v4 or 6v6 queue in place of the group queue.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers