Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abandoning Cadwell's silver/gold

FishForce
FishForce
Why cant i abandon this quest?
I can just retake it again from cadwell right?
So why not abandon the quest its a bid anoying.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 27, 2022 1:09AM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I prefer having a blank quest list and having Cadwell in it is annoying.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One benefit of that quest is making it active will remove map markers for other quests. It also does not have its own marker, so you get a clean immersive compass. Assuming you have it set so only the active quest is shown.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One benefit of that quest is making it active will remove map markers for other quests. It also does not have its own marker, so you get a clean immersive compass. Assuming you have it set so only the active quest is shown.

I did not even know that it is possible setting the compass like this - thanks for the info, I will look into it.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to remove it is to complete it. You get all the skyshards and skill points, after all, so why not?
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Best way to remove it is to complete it. You get all the skyshards and skill points, after all, so why not?

I agree. It's the "Main Quest" of the game meaning it provides a lot of background lore.

Also, it's the only way to complete the Soul Magic skill line, the best passive of which is the one that auto-fills empty Soul Gems.

"To level up the Soul Magic skill-line in the Elder Scrolls Online you have to complete missions in the Harborage from the Prophet (Main Story Quests). By successfully completing missions your Soul Magic skill-line will level up, you will also gain skill points for completing these quests.

You will reach the maximum level (of Soul Magic) after defeating Molag Bal."

And:

"Killing an enemy has a 10% chance of automatically filling an empty Soul Gem." (Honestly, it fills Soul Gems so well I think the rate feels more like around 30 percent.)

:D
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"