The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS4 need a fix as game is not playing properly.

tokeinskyblu
tokeinskyblu
✭✭✭
I have been getting horrible lag on ps4 NA.

Have tried 2 different playstations, 2 different internet connections and still getting an issue where the game freezes for a couple of seconds then when it unfreeze game fast forwards to catch up.

I can confirm that this does not happen when playing on pc though only ps4.

Really need to get a fix for this as it is happening everywhere in game (most noticeable in battlegrounds).

Any advice would be appreciated on fixing this issue.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 12, 2022 4:49PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they havent gotten around to replacing the server hardware for the console servers yet (hardware shipping delays) which is most of the problem
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been getting horrible lag on ps4 NA.

Have tried 2 different playstations, 2 different internet connections and still getting an issue where the game freezes for a couple of seconds then when it unfreeze game fast forwards to catch up.

I can confirm that this does not happen when playing on pc though only ps4.

Really need to get a fix for this as it is happening everywhere in game (most noticeable in battlegrounds).

Any advice would be appreciated on fixing this issue.

Its last gen, I know that's no help, but I wouldn't expect much down the road unless it's server side.

Ive read about little things that possibly can help: use polymorph/costume, turn off camera shake, turn off footstep sound, etc...probably can find other stuff similar with search.

GL
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    So this is common on ps4?

I'll follow above advice to see if I get a fix.
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    Additional to above advice I have also changed my dns to:

Primary 8.8 8.8
    Secondary 8.8.4.4

Still occasional lag spike but way better then before.

If anyone has any additional information on improving game performance please let me know

Cheers
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is common on ps4?

I'll follow above advice to see if I get a fix.

It is. You can see it in dungeon parties. You'll go through a load screen and another player is already miles ahead. Or, if y ou are tanking, it will look like a player is just standing around and then dies.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loading in faster isn't lag, it's just the more powerful newer consoles loading faster.

But in general lag is much, much worse on ps4/ xbone then it is on PS5/ Series consoles.

It would be for the best if in 6-12 months console servers are merged and the console servers are split into new gen and old gen with old gen no longer getting support. I.e xbone/ ps4 share two servers and ps5/ series share two servers.

If you think that sounds unrealistic it's already happening with some really big games like Fifa and GTA Onlime. We just can't do it with eso yet because the ps5s are still so bloody hard to find.
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    Thought that I had it fixed but lag was back worse then ever last night.

Mainly in battlegrounds.

Really pissing me off.

Think it is time to just uninstall and move on to a game that works haha.

Really like this game though *** needs to be fixed.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 has been bad for me since the fall. Nothing has worked. Maybe it will better someday.
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    I have just reset cache memory.

1. Turn ps4 off (not reset mode)
    2. Once ps4 shut down unplug the fig 8 power cable from back of ps4.
    3. Wait 30sec (I waited 5 min while I had a coffee)
    4. Plug power cable back into ps4.

Have tested in 1 battleground and (lag) seemed to be fixed. I'll do more testing once the kids are in bed and have more time to play.

Just writing this here to keep record in case other ppl need to get their *** fixed .
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like I need to power cycle my ps4 every time I want to start eso otherwise get bad game performance.

No idea why it is only this game that has issues.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag has become much more widespread and noticeable on Xbox too since the extended maintenance last week.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can not believe how many people keep bashing and scapegoating ps4 and xbox one at every chance they get. I bet some of them are scalpers, sitting on piles of new consoles, that nobody wants to buy anymore. You know it would be possible to support the game on every platform with no problems. Almost every game has graphics settings from low to ulta. It does not matter how strong your setup is, you still can play the game, it's just not as pretty with an older machine.

ESO does not work as it should, because it is an online game that does not invest enough in critical infrastructure and employees. They could make the game run smooth, even on primetime, we have all seen it. They just do not want to.

So yes @tokeinskyblu this game is laggy and buggy, it has been for a very long time. Even with the most expensive internet connection and gaming pc and perfect setup you will have problems.

But that should not keep us from trying to fix problems on our end. I replaced the thermal paste a few days ago, because my console was starting to get louder again. It helped. Having a high-quality internet connection helps. My console is unplugged at the moment, because of this thread, maybe it will help :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the updates letting us know that clearing the cache has helped with the lag. The thread is now being closed since the OP issue is fixed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.