Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playing on PC EU from Texas (US)

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have played on both NA and EU under both the PS4 and PC for years. Very recently I am seeing some major challenges connecting to PC EU from Texas (US).

I am trying to figure out if this is now a common problem or just something that is impacting me.

This happened starting with the replacement hardware in the US datacenter, ironically. Though I also switched to T-Mobile Home WiFi recently, so that is a possibility, though it was working fine prior to the hardware replacement for several weeks.

EDIT/UPDATE: This is happening on PC NA for me too. Now I need to determine if it is T-Mobile Home WiFi or a general issue. My bet is on the latter.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 1, 2022 8:53PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a couple of states east of you and I log in to the EU server for a bit everyday. Sometimes I play in Cyrodiil there. I've not had trouble connecting or staying logged on. I use Spectrum high speed internet, wired for my desktop and wifi for my laptop. Both work well.

(I use PC-NA and PC-EU servers)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

What issues are you currently running into when connecting to either server?

Are you getting any specific error messages?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @FlopsyPrince

What issues are you currently running into when connecting to either server?

Are you getting any specific error messages?

It is just timing out when I rezone or login from the character selection screen. It happened just prior to this post, but I then got in trying again.

I have T-Mobile Home WiFi and resetting their router has helped, but I think more is involved. My work VPN also has problems with connecting over the VPN at times, in case that leads to anything.

It could be a combination of them and going to Europe. It worked fine (just slower) under AT&T DSL.

Sometimes I see the same on PC NA, but it is rarer there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When logging in I just got:

Error 334 (3:1:1142:0)
    Lost lobby connection.

I think this is the same that I see when these problems happen.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I got an error after a failure of

Error 304 (6:3:1561:126)
    This account is already logged in.

It clearly was not since it got kicked out due to the previous error.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to have so many replies, but I saw this for almost all my characters on PC EU tonight at least once and for several characters on PC NA as well. Something is really odd.

I did pull the plug on the router and let it boot back up, so that was not the primary issue this time.

Same lobby error each time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will bet it is related to too many addons. Hard to know if one specific one is the problem, but turning them off gave me an instant load just now for a character that had failed multiple times.

EDIT: Or not. I just tried to login to another character with addons disabled and it had the long timeout before the lobby issue. But it then logged in with addons back on. Something is odd. Perhaps you can look in the logs or the IP address in the error message since that seemed to be consistent.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 2, 2022 5:20AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Thank you for providing details on the different errors coming up and the steps you've tried so far. First, there are a few more troubleshooting steps found here which may help out. You can also try removing add-ons completely with the steps below.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince

Thank you for providing details on the different errors coming up and the steps you've tried so far. First, there are a few more troubleshooting steps found here which may help out. You can also try removing add-ons completely with the steps below.

Disabling addons (easy to do from the character selection screen) seemed to help once, but the problem happened the second time I tried that, so I do not believe addons are the issue.

It was interesting that the IP address seems to be the same for PC NA and PC EU. That may point to something.

Feel free to have anyone reach out to me. I may install Wireshark myself and see if the traffic behind the scenes indicates anything. (I work at the edge of that area/field.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note that this is getting very frustrating for me as it happens all the time now, though not consistently. I can disable addons and still have the problem come up or enable them and have things work just fine. I have even ran the game (after running Repair) with an empty addons folder and that still had problems at times.

Very frustrating as it is inconsistent, but pervasive now. None of the steps suggested to resolve it on this site help either.

It does seem tied to certain characters tonight. I can sometimes load another character fine, but get the error when logging in to the original character. Or when trying to switch zones (either buy fast travel to a guildmate or using a wayshrine).

I finally found the ProgramData folder mentioned in a step someplace. I will see how renaming that works.

EDIT: That helped a couple of characters, then failed again. Something is really messed up and it is not just on my end. (It would be consistently happening if it was my end.)
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 3, 2022 5:49AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is getting VERY frustrating.

I just deleted the ESO folder, reinstalled from scratch and turned addons "OFF" in the interface. I cannot log into my main character on either PC EU or PC NA now!

I could get on an alt on PC EU now, but this is making the game unplayable (obviously - if I can't log in).

I also can't quit the game without doing an End Task. It just uses 10% of the CPU seemingly forever.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got one successful "Quit" just now, with lots of failure before. I haven't tried to quit since, but I assume it will go back to bad behavior.

Still having a seriously hard time logging in and/or changing zones. I couldn't even go into Cyrodiil!

I have opened a ticket, but this is really frustrating and is fairly recent and inconsistent, outside any major changes on my end.

The only factor outside my control is T-Mobile Home WiFi. though I am hard wired to my device that connects to them and I show 3 or 4 bars out of 5 all the time, with the errors noted in this thread..
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is strongly looking like ESO does not play well (pun intended) with T-Mobile Home WiFi.

I just switched back to the much slower AT&T DSL I kept in case and it is working much better.

I will have to see how well it "plays" over the weekend, but this looks better already.

This should probably still be investigated by ZOS since it is likely to impact current and future players with that service.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Thanks for letting us know it is working better with a different ISP provider. At this point we recommend starting a ticket with customer support if you haven't done so yet. Our support team can investigate into this issue further.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince

Thanks for letting us know it is working better with a different ISP provider. At this point we recommend starting a ticket with customer support if you haven't done so yet. Our support team can investigate into this issue further.

I already did. I also noted I am fairly certain it is T-Mobile's fault. They said they would pass it on and closed the ticket (as I recommended).

This should be investigated further however and added in a way that a search would show the problem, to save others problems in the future.

I will probably make a separate thread here just so someone can find it easily if they are in a similar situation, but general things like this should be noted. I even looked at Wireshark traffic, but figuring out the lobby error was more than I could do in the time I had. Things like that should be a priority for ZOS as more and more customers are likely to face it.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 6, 2022 5:40PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Do you have your ticket number?

We can check on the ticket and ensure it is being looked into.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    220604-000079
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Thanks for your ticket number. We've sent you a forum PM with an update on the ticket.
    Staff Post