The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag issues are creeping back in to pvp

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, you really need to make us understand once and for all what you're doing with the servers. Everything was working perfectly after the change of servers and it's going to hell in a handbasket after the maintenance. Lag is starting to creep back; I kept getting perma cc'd, siege didn't fire off unless I pushed the button several times, I kept getting invisibly hit by skills etc. We're reverting to what it used to be.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? People will leave permanently if you don't fix this! You can't draw people back in and then [snip] on the pvp'ers again! And PLEASE don't insult our intelligence with the money/capital issue. ZOS made 125 million in PROFIT the other year so there is more than enough money to fix the game!

I got so mad today because of how bad it was since I had gotten used to how awesome the lag-free experience was. This is just sad. That's the only word to describe it - SAD.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 30, 2022 11:09PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a pvp issue. The lag is felt in all content at the moment. Not sure what happened exactly, but the entire game is feeling the issue.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't exaggerate.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He isn't exaggerating. I've have played a TON of solo PVP in the past three weeks since the lag fix.

Up until last week, there was almost ZERO lag. I was in 100+ man keep fights in gray host during prime time hours, with no ability delay whatsoever.

Beginning around Thursday of last week, the prime time lag is returning. I have noticeable skill delay near large fights in the main campaign, and when there are several large conflicts on the map the whole campaign seems to lag. This is also true for blackreach; I have witnessed skill delay in blackreach during prime time both tonight and friday night.

This isn't to say it isn't improved from what it was before the hardware replacement, because it is. But regardless, we we're given FLAWLESS performance for nearly three weeks. WHY is it starting to degrade again now??
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they bought some more 15 year old hard drives and switches ??
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting it alot in dungeons. Serious stutter lag in Banished cells. like standing immobile for several seconds the all the skills just unloading at once. I'd never seen that out of cyrodil before.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe they bought some more 15 year old hard drives and switches ??

A whole bunch of them had just come onto the market. Can't pass that up.
    PC NA
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless performance would imply there was excess of resources, so maybe they fine tuned server capacity to save some hamster feed.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't exaggerate.

I'm not exaggerating anything. This was MY experience when playing since the server change and up till yesterday. Something has gone wrong and I can GUARANTEE you that ZOS has done something to affect the server. It doesn't go from flawless to laggy in such a short time.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »
    Don't exaggerate.

I'm not exaggerating anything. This was MY experience when playing since the server change and up till yesterday. Something has gone wrong and I can GUARANTEE you that ZOS has done something to affect the server. It doesn't go from flawless to laggy in such a short time.

That was MY experience with your post. Given how it's written, I imagined the performance was 'going to hell in a handbasket.' That's not what I experienced.

On another note, we can't guarantee anything, because we don't have any idea of what goes behind the scenes between Zos and the servers. Or do you have some internal information you'd like to share?

We don't know:

If Zos has been tweaking the server resources.
    If Zos has been tweaking Cyro populations cap upwards (or if caps are dynamic and do so autonomously).

The only things we know so far are:

Performance overall is not as good as it was on day one after the server hardware change, for all content in-game, for some people (see the posts by other people above).
    There was no full-server maintenance last week (only login).

What can be inferred from all that? Not much. Will Zos come out with a clear explanation of what's going on? Unlikely.

There is server maintenance on the 24th. We can wait and see.
    Edited by Pepegrillos on May 23, 2022 7:44AM
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: It's happening in PvE too. What's happened to the game??
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't exaggerate.

That was MY experience with your post. Given how it's written, I imagined the performance was 'going to hell in a handbasket.' That's not what I experienced.

On another note, we can't guarantee anything, because we don't have any idea of what goes behind the scenes between Zos and the servers. Or do you have some internal information you'd like to share?

We don't know:

If Zos has been tweaking the server resources.
    If Zos has been tweaking Cyro populations cap upwards (or if caps are dynamic and do so autonomously).

The only things we know so far are:

Performance overall is not as good as it was on day one after the server hardware change, for all content in-game, for some people (see the posts by other people above).
    There was no full-server maintenance last week (only login).

What can be inferred from all that? Not much. Will Zos come out with a clear explanation of what's going on? Unlikely.

There is server maintenance on the 24th. We can wait and see.

Really hoping it gets fixed because it's affecting PvE too now.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't exaggerate.

Not an exaggeration.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

Really hoping it gets fixed because it's affecting PvE too now.

Yes. Yes, it is.
  • deleted220614-000183
    What they are doing ?
    They are trying to cut resources as much as possible LOL :D.
    You must understand, server is not like you home PC.
    It is hired machine and everything is paid separately,
    RAM, CPU cores, network connection speed etc.

So when they noticed it is running fine, it means they can cut and save some money until it all crashed.
    Then they learned they cut a bit too much and will put back part of resources.

I call it save pennies and losing trust of playerbase but apparently they can go with it as we dont have BIG DISLIKE BUTTON to slap their fingers.
    Edited by deleted220614-000183 on May 23, 2022 4:46PM
  • deleted220614-000183
    Oh, please admins, don't forget call it conspiration, I have only 20 years of experience in IT and big portion in game industry :D
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's everywhere. Even in dungeons I'm having a lot of ability lag where I was not previously. My "quick cast ground abilities" are not very quick anymore...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been my fear with the "fix" - I almost wondered if they had allocated more server space for pvp after that server maintenance and it would slowly be dropped back down as time went on (especially with PvE not improving or even worsening in some cases). We've seen that cyrodiil can work mostly lag free in the current build of the game, so no excuses will fly anymore. If performance starts to drop, it's definitely something behind the scenes being changed and not any of the thousand past excuses we've seen effecting performance.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post