The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does 'megaservers login' maintenance mean?

• SainguinKrist
    SainguinKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heinousmoz wrote: »
    The irony of ending the login maintenance at 17.00 GMT right when EU hits prime time & therefore likely to crash the login server when they bring it back up isn't lost on me...

EU isn't going to crash the login server.

I don't know where this idea keeps coming from that EU is the biggest playerbase in the game. NA is constantly getting EU people looking for more population and a more stable ingame economy.
    I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! Great question. We're doing maintenance on all Live megaservers that will affect your ability to log into the game. If you are already logged in before maintenance begins, you can continue playing and won't be kicked out. However, you will not be able to log into any megaserver while we are under maintenance. We will certainly try to wrap up maintenance as quickly as we can.

Thanks for the update!
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The irony of ending the login maintenance at 17.00 GMT right when EU hits prime time & therefore likely to crash the login server when they bring it back up isn't lost on me...

EU isn't going to crash the login server.

I don't know where this idea keeps coming from that EU is the biggest playerbase in the game. NA is constantly getting EU people looking for more population and a more stable ingame economy.

Only Zeni knows the actual number of people playing on both servers.

EU territory/population itself is more "dangerous" for the servers because it covers similar territory to USA but with almost same time zone - by the note on the main page servers will be up at 5pm London, 6pm "European Union" and 8pm Moscow aka prime time.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not a problem for me, one advantage of being in time zone GMT+10. I just need to login before 1800 my time and stay logged in (and hope I don't get kicked out through some error, but that's something that rarely occurs for me).

On the flipside: the regular maintenance that brings the whole game down occurs during the same periods, which is prime gaming time in my part of the world.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you get kicked or crash out within the hour in Cyrodiil, zoning, dungeons, writting...what is there to actually do? May as well just be a server maintenance.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! Great question. We're doing maintenance on all Live megaservers that will affect your ability to log into the game. If you are already logged in before maintenance begins, you can continue playing and won't be kicked out. However, you will not be able to log into any megaserver while we are under maintenance. We will certainly try to wrap up maintenance as quickly as we can.

Not to be negative and thanks for the information but since this is an unusual maintenance and affects people’s ability to play the game for 1/3 of a day. The community should not have to ask about this, but you guys should have considered this important enough information to pass on to use since you are always trying to “improve communication”. Just saying.

Stay safe :)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Austacker wrote: »
    The maintenance banner currently advertises NA and EU 'megaservers login' maintenance on May 18. Does that mean the game is not available to play during that period?

I'm in Australia.

It means 'go and have your dinner' because the Devs in this game put their server downtime right in Australian prime time every week (ie 8pm Sydney Australia time)

gg
    I can relate :( I'm in Melbourne. It is a global game, though, they're always going to inconvenience someone, I guess.

The thing is, it would seem that is always the same players that have to be inconvenienced.

I am on BST so for me is not terrible but not great either however the further east you are the more inconvenient it is.

Maybe they could perform maintenance on the megaservers at different times to suit the different 'populations'?

EDIT: Changed the wording because it could have been misconstrued as 'baiting'.

Because ZOS is a US based company. Not to mention having a standard maintenance time is good business practice. Nobody wants to guess every week when maintenance will be.

It bears to reason that companies operating in foreign soil have to abide by the local legislation and accommodate the needs of the customer base they cater to.

Regarding maintenance the proposed idea would still be 'standard maintenance time', however it would IMO better reflect where the majority of the players for any given megaserver reside.

It would still not be ideal, we would need an APAC server for that with its own schedule, but according to official sources the APAC population is not large enough to support its own megaserver.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on May 17, 2022 5:52AM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Can you pin this post please.

Edited by keto3000 on May 17, 2022 11:19AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    Can you pin this post please.

Agree, but please pin an answer that covers the "account logged in but toon swap" scenario. It's a big ticket in this raffle.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember today is the day...well night
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Since you get kicked or crash out within the hour in Cyrodiil, zoning, dungeons, writting...what is there to actually do? May as well just be a server maintenance.

Battlegrounds
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    It might not affect you if you are in the game or character load screen but If you aren't with the login server is down you won't be able to access the game.

I do think that ZOE have improved a bit over the years but based on past experience don't be surprised it you have problems logging in tonight.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, nice not affected when you are already logged in. [snip]
    Instead of nerfing everything you can try fix game to prevent CTDs.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 18, 2022 12:14PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To me, its 8 hrs server down.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means that if you play from anywhere in Asia or Oceania and can only play outside of working hours, you lose a day of being able to log in and play. As usual with the maintenance timing.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i82kicz0l2of.jpg

My name is EF. I am a survivor living in Vivec City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the Vivec Crafting Hub everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    i82kicz0l2of.jpg

My name is EF. I am a survivor living in Vivec City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the Vivec Crafting Hub everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

Hope your broadcast reaches the other hubs!
    Soupy twist
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    i82kicz0l2of.jpg

THE HELL YOU DOING OUT THERE FRED
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some long maintenance.

Will be back around dinner time EU time according to the header oO
  • lizardman
    lizardman
    ✭✭
    Honestly wish we could still play overland content in an offline scenario which then uploads progress when reconnected online. I know this is an MMO, but a part of me feels ill at ease when I think my connection to the game can be severed in an instant - at a moments notice.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The maintenance banner currently advertises NA and EU 'megaservers login' maintenance on May 18. Does that mean the game is not available to play during that period?

I'm in Australia.

It means 'go and have your dinner' because the Devs in this game put their server downtime right in Australian prime time every week (ie 8pm Sydney Australia time)

gg
    I can relate :( I'm in Melbourne. It is a global game, though, they're always going to inconvenience someone, I guess.

The thing is, it would seem that is always the same players that have to be inconvenienced.

I am on BST so for me is not terrible but not great either however the further east you are the more inconvenient it is.

Maybe they could perform maintenance on the megaservers at different times to suit the different 'populations'?

Because ZOS is a US based company. Not to mention having a standard maintenance time is good business practice. Nobody wants to guess every week when maintenance will be.

It bears to reason that companies operating in foreign soil have to abide by the local legislation and accommodate the needs of the customer base they cater to.

Regarding maintenance the proposed idea would still be 'standard maintenance time', however it would IMO better reflect where the majority of the players for any given megaserver reside.

It would still not be ideal, we would need an APAC server for that with its own schedule, but according to official sources the APAC population is not large enough to support its own megaserver.

There's bears ... that gotta follow local laws .... to dig up soil ?

[snip] ?

:#

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 22, 2022 6:44PM
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in. Ps4 eu
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    it works for pc eu too
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I never noticed this before, "Players that logged in prior to the maintenance will be unaffected." That makes it sound like they can continue playing until they log out. I've always been kicked out when they do maintenance.

3k5gk2jpfjk1.png
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 18, 2022 3:23PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @purple-magicb16_ESO that is because this maintenance is unique. It is actually on the 'megaservers login' part of the game. Gina clarified what that means to us up in post 26 above. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Th3M3nt0r
    Th3M3nt0r
    ✭✭✭

Great answer btw! [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 18, 2022 4:58PM
  • Th3M3nt0r
    Th3M3nt0r
    ✭✭✭
    The door is open btw. Maintenance is done...
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @purple-magicb16_ESO that is because this maintenance is unique. It is actually on the 'megaservers login' part of the game. Gina clarified what that means to us up in post 26 above. :)

Thanks for the clarification. It's very much appreciated. I didn't read that. Quick lunchtime/work break posts and don't have time to read the whole thread. Thanks again! :)
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 18, 2022 5:13PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I'm in Australia.

gg

There's bears ... that gotta follow local laws .... to dig up soil ?

[snip] ?

:#

You'd be surprised how legislated digging up soil is.

Given that ignorance of the law excuses not it looks like the bears set out to dig up soil and found themselves in hot water instead.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 22, 2022 6:47PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the maintenance is now complete from last week, we have decided to close this discussion since it is no longer relevant.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.