The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESC menu not showing, how to fix?

Tsunahmie
Tsunahmie
✭✭✭
As the title says... no ESC menu showing but everything else works fine? Any Idea how to fix this?
My addons are up to date and I only use a handful of the popular ones. Disabling them didn't fix the issue
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tsunahmie

We recommend resetting all bindings back to their default and then see if the ESC key functions correctly.

From the key bindings menu, we recommend resetting both Keyboard and Gamepad defaults.
    • Select R to load keyboard defaults
    • Select F to load gamepad defaults
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Tsunahmie

We recommend resetting all bindings back to their default and then see if the ESC key functions correctly.

From the key bindings menu, we recommend resetting both Keyboard and Gamepad defaults.
    • Select R to load keyboard defaults
    • Select F to load gamepad defaults

Thanks for the reply!
    I'm afraid I can't even get into the keybindings menu as that is tied to the ESC menu :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tsunahmie

Try using the Windows On-Screen keyboard toggle and see if this allows the ESC key to function correctly.
    1. Go to Start
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Accessibility
    4. Go to Keyboard and turn on the On-Screen Keyboard toggle
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    I had this issue myself a while back and it was caused by the inventory grid addon, disable that and you'll probably be good to go, if not disable all add ons and see if that works then you'll have to find the one causing the issue
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    Sorry just seen that u have tried disabling
  • Obs1dian
    Obs1dian
    ✭✭✭
    I occasionally have that happen and then the problem seems to go away the next day. In the short term, if I use the period '.' to free the cursor, then ESC seems to work. Don't know if your issue is the same, but it's perhaps something to try.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭

✭✭✭
    libAddonKeybinds, force reinstall it. this should help. Make sure there are no other versions of it in your addons folders.