The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

More Stat or Regen Stat?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hullo,

The with the current hybridization setup...it makes more sense to have more max stat (ie. Max Magicka) then to have a better regen because all your effects (damage) are based off the max, right?

ie. sustain is less important?

And with the exception of max health...
And it's all about damage? Nothing else?

Do I have this right?

Tanks,

Z6
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 8, 2022 10:01PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that for a mage, for example, high mag will indeed mean high damage and a couple stam skills in your rotation will result in a lower mag usage rate - allowing a slightly lower mag regen.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe their ratio for max stat is 10.5 max stat = 1 dmg

sustain is also going to vary greatly if you are part of an ideal group comp or running solo

other key things to keep in mind is for a sorc dmg shields still only scale off max stat, but as a sorc you also have dark conversion to help sustain (if your not on a sorc, then this line might not apply)

i usually try to aim to have at least 30-35k+ of my primary resource and 1500-2000 recovery for the primary resource
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hullo,

The with the current hybridization setup...it makes more sense to have more max stat (ie. Max Magicka) then to have a better regen because all your effects (damage) are based off the max, right?

ie. sustain is less important?

And with the exception of max health...
    And it's all about damage? Nothing else?

Do I have this right?

Tanks,

Z6

Sustain is less important to the extent that too much is a DPS loss. It's the same as penetration, which is actually the strongest offensive stat in the game until you go over the penetration cap. However, you're not going to be able to maintain a rotation unless you have an appropriate amount of sustain. Whether you are getting that from an organized group, or whether you can sustain on your own is going to depend on context and I can tell you that they generally do not overlap. Most popular builds are made with the understanding that you're getting sustain elsewhere in a twelve-man scenario (Synergies and support sets from teammates), unless explicitly stated otherwise. However, it is relatively common to have to make adjustments to your build because of a lack of sustain. Dungeons are one example where you may have to make adjustments for yourself. It entirely depends on the content you are doing.

While Max stats do confer a small damage bonus there are other stats that contribute more significantly to the point that even a Max Stat line on a DPS set is a DPS loss in comparison. The priority is crit > weapon/spell damage > Max Stats. This is with the base assumption that you have enough sustain to get through the fight and you have enough penetration to get you at or close to the boss penetration cap.
    Edited by Kahnak on May 10, 2022 6:51PM
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"