The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC NA Cyrodiil performance is better

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Aside from audio glitches pvp is running so smooth after today's hardware and data center updates. I know they said not to expect improvements so maybe it’s coincidence, but the game feels good in cyrodiil right now. Like, really good.

Great ping, smooth bar swaps, skills cast on demand, it doesn’t take 20-seconds to summon your mount. Even in big fights it’s just smooth pvp. It’s really nice.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on my toons. fps was more consistent but thats all I can say.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • LostToTheSea
    LostToTheSea
    ✭✭✭
    Our guild ran from the server coming up and through midnight.. None of us encountered any skill delay or lag the entire time. We had a few people crash and I did as well, but there was zero lag. I'll echo that there were the audio glitches around since ~U33 in a couple of the larger fights, but the performance was the best its ever been in all scales of engagements. Let's hope it wasn't a one day miracle.
    Edited by LostToTheSea on May 4, 2022 5:59AM
  • TheAwesomeChimpanzee
    Grey Host PC NA tonight was not just “better” it was amazing, there were 3 ball groups running every faction pop locked with huge stacks of players on the same place at the same time and the lag was almost non existent.

I can’t say this didn’t come at a cost since fps drops and crashes were more abundant but fights that would a week ago, literally same day of the week on Tuesday, not allow us to cast skills for 5-10 seconds apart from one another were not lagging the server and players could cast skills on almost every GCD. Everyone from zone chat to coordinated groups running were all amazed by the performance of cyrodiil tonight and were enjoying themselves playing in such a fluid open world pvp environment.

I would like to let the ZOS team know that whatever they did today (idk if it was the servers update or something else) definitely had a massive positive impact in cyrodiils performance, this has been the best performance I have EVER experienced in primetime 30 day locked campaign.

I am ok with crashing and having low FPS but please don’t revert whatever it is that you did today that improved performance. Finally a great step in the right direction for open world PvP don’t ruin it ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by TheAwesomeChimpanzee on May 4, 2022 6:17AM
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Host PC NA tonight was not just “better” it was amazing, there were 3 ball groups running every faction pop locked with huge stacks of players on the same place at the same time and the lag was almost non existent.

I can’t say this didn’t come at a cost since fps drops and crashes were more abundant but fights that would a week ago, literally same day of the week on Tuesday, not allow us to cast skills for 5-10 seconds apart from one another were not lagging the server and players could cast a skills on almost every GCD. Everyone from zone chat to coordinated groups running were all amazed by the performance of cyrodiil tonight and were enjoying themselves playing in such a fluid open world pvp environment.

I would like to let the ZOS team know that whatever they did today (idk if it was the servers update or something else) definitely had a massive positive impact in cyrodiils performance, this has been the best performance I have EVER experienced in primetime 30 day locked campaign.

I am ok with crashing and having low FPS but please don’t revert whatever it is that you did today to improve cyrodiils performance. Finally a great step in the right direction for open world PvP don’t ruin it ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

^^ well said
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the performance in Cyro is the best it ever has been. All of the combat mechanics felt snappy and I could play with excellent fluidity. I am extremely pleased with the result of the server upgrades.

Players in zone chat were singing praises all night long. I’m so excited I can finally play in Grey Host. Thank you ZOS, hats off to you.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bomb heaven as a DC player right now <3
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrading 10-year-old hardware ... who would have thought??
    Oh no! During all this time, we never had any idea budgeting hardware upgrades could have helped ... it's totally not a management decision to save money and wait for the servers to start falling appart before we have no choice but to replace them !

https://gadgetversus.com/processor/dual-intel-xeon-x5690-vs-dual-intel-xeon-gold-6248r/

Edit : sorry I'm salty because EU will have to wait several months to get the same treatment, but I'm genuinely happy for you all, have fun :)
    Edited by Aznox on May 4, 2022 1:15PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Now if we can only do something about dem damn zergs
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying it stays that way. Its amazing being able to actually play the game again!
    Ours is the Fury
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, if anyone on PC NA has twitch footage of lagless cyro at primetime, I'd like to see it with my own eyes <3
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Btw, if anyone on PC NA has twitch footage of lagless cyro at primetime, I'd like to see it with my own eyes <3

Imperial should have a vod where he starts in BR then goes to GH and is impressed with performance.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imperial should have a vod where he starts in BR then goes to GH and is impressed with performance.

Got a link ? I'm not familiar with NA streamers.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, thanks for the notes of feedback. Glad many of you are having an improved experience. We'll make sure to note that to the dev team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I experienced a few issues with the EP queue last night but the Cyrodiil performance was amazing. Tonight I may even brave activating temporal guard. :smile:

I constantly watched my latency as well. Average latency went from 190ms - 230ms previously to 90ms - 110ms last night.
    During large fights the change in latency was 280ms - 380ms previously to 140ms - 150ms last night.

Such a large difference seen in performance makes me wonder if there was possibly a hardware fault/defect prior to the refresh. Just curious as the performance was great last night.

Please pass along many thanks for all the hard work done for this refresh. Last night was the most enjoyable experience I have had in Cyrodiil in a very long time.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akinos Did you stream last night? If so, got any clips?

I’m not sure if any AD or EP were streaming, but for awhile we had all three factions and the hammer inside of Nikel. A few people reported crashing and many noted the sound glitching, but the overwhelming topic in chat was just how well everything worked despite fighting against 2 ball groups in a small space.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm no lag for me aswell in GH. 2 1/2 hours solid pvp. Bar swaps , ani cancels , etc. all worked well
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah performance was excellent tonight
  • spongebobmovieticket
    Looking forward to more feedback after this weekend. Hoping this really is the big fix, and if it is, plz zos, don’t leave us console players hanging. :)
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another awesome night of fun and lag free fights. Both campaigns were pop locked, it felt like midyear mayhem. The future of ESO PvP is looking bright :)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More improvements I noticed tonight:

- Never got stuck in combat
    - Siege was never “busy”
    - Break Free worked. Every time!
    - Resource guards didn’t take delayed damage
    - Single Target skills aim and fire right away, no positioning desync
    - my hands aren’t tired from mashing repeatedly on unresponsive keys and buttons

I’ve been here from the beginning, and I have never experienced Cyrodiil play so well. I’m truly boggled.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is great news :o curious now to see how this progresses and across other servers.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is exciting news! I have not had time to go to Cyrodiil since the update. I hope it keeps on being great!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jealous :s

Any approximate dates for other regions and platforms?
    Edited by EF321 on May 5, 2022 9:06AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy if indeed changing server hardware helped NA.

On the other hand performance on EU is soo bad that at this point I don't believe there is anything that can help EU. ZOS tried to improve performance so many times and it did not worked. Even upgrading servers could not bring similar improvement as NA players noticed simply because EU has way more players.

Sorry for being pessimistic about it, but lets just say that years of promises & it gets worse & worse... So I will believe it when I see it.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also did not notice any lag in GH today and ontop of not noticing any lag was also downloading a game ontop of playing so I'm impressed hopefully this isn't just short lived and they don't start degrading
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    The question is what will be the performance this weekend.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwinter wrote: »
    The question is what will be the performance this weekend.

I think we’re all wondering about that. As much as we’re all enjoying things right now, we do t want to be too hopeful that this is the permanent fix.

My biggest worry isn’t even weekend population or degradation of performance over time on the new hardware or array. My worry is that they forgot to enable one of the Akamai processes or some other utility in the new environment. One of their tech guys as some point will realize it’s not running and enable it and ruin the good thing we’ve got going. Then despite being given a smoking gun, the Zeni devs will fall back on saying they don’t know the root cause of pvp lag.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

@Akinos Did you stream last night? If so, got any clips?

I'll try and get into a big fight tonight and record it and post it here.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might just re-sub. It just ran a few days ago, and I was waiting to see what happened with this.

In other news, the sub really grabs you by the you know what when you let it run. Can't deposit anything into my bank now, and my toons are so full from the recent event, that basically, there is no way for me to move any gear around I couldnt get my bank below 240 if I wanted to, lol. I dont mind a sub, but this is the first time I have let it lapse and realized just how crucial it is.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance was amazing last night (until a zerg showed up and some rubber banding occurred). I'm cautiously optimistic that this might have been the fix we've been waiting for, although we'll have to see if it continues for the next few weeks. Credit where credit is due, good job ZOS!!