The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are you running discord for Trials

radiostar
radiostar
✭✭✭✭✭
While Z stomps on Chrome?

Had to turn down a Trial run bc I couldn't open Chrome/discord. Is there a way on Live while we wait for the update?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 2, 2022 7:49PM
"Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »

Had to turn down a Trial run bc I couldn't open Chrome/discord. Is there a way on Live while we wait for the update?

I run the app on my iPad, my daughter runs it on her phone, I dont know if either of those solutions is suitable for you?

Neither requires a browser.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use discord either on your phone or on your computer.

https://discord.com/
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »

Most people I know who only have one monitor, use their cell phone for ease of use. Since you are at home and hopefully have your phone connected to your wifi, it doesn't use data from your plan.

Curious why you couldn't open it in a browser or the app though, what happened? I run it next to the game all the time, as well as posting here through Chrome while playing.
    Edited by Gaeliannas on May 2, 2022 12:26AM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have like... 40 tabs open (don't ask) as well as the discord application open right now while playing ESO. I think the issue you are describing might be limited to a few people.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to open Chrome before you open ESO. So I just leave Discord open all the time.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to open Chrome before you open ESO. So I just leave Discord open all the time.

Why, in what way does ESO interfere with a browser? I have never experienced that and an curious. Is there a bug or something that only affects a few people?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a known bug that (I think) is limited to people using windows 7. Something about eso makes it where you cannot open chrome or certain other browsers. There are other threads on it.
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the desktop app, its quite better than the browser (unless you have issues with it as well).

With the app you can also enable ingame overlay, check discord while playing and have a transparent layer with all the people in vc if you want.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    It is a known bug that (I think) is limited to people using windows 7. Something about eso makes it where you cannot open chrome or certain other browsers. There are other threads on it.

Yes, this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run the discord app, which starts on startup. I've had zero problems using discord voice chat for trails, dungeons etc. I use it most days. Also don't actually have too many problems with Chrome. Windows 10. Keep versions of Chrome and Windows up to date.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »

Windows 7? Ouch, yeah that would be very few people at this point, and don't expect it to be fixed, that OS hasn't been supported for quite a while now. Surprised anything modern still runs on it at all.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use the app on my PC, afaik no browser such as Chrome is involved in that.

Maybe you cannot do that with Windows 7? I just open it in the background when I need it for voice, I do however know several of my friends use it on their phone for voice during Trials. 😃
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i only run discord on my iPad. (I play on PC). That way the lag can't be blamed on it. ;)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the DUNGEONS, TRIALS & ARENAS section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post