The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Quests are so fun!! Yet so boring..

Rafael0
Rafael0
✭✭
Npc: "Embrace yourselves, the daedra has arrived, we are surrounded!!"
Me: ..... AOE everything down in 4 sec.

Npc: "Oh no, it's their leader!! We are doomed!!"
Me: melt him in 3 sec.

That summarizes every quest/story line in ESO. And don't come at me saying that I'm hard-core.. I have owned this game since 2017 and couldn't even get to CP810 in time, and now am sitted at CP1000.

Come on, I know that you want trials and dungeons to be the challenging content and let quests for casuals, but by being so easy, it breaks all the immersion, and I end up getting bored after 2~3 quests.

I was wondering.. What if CP didn't have effect on Overland/quests? That way, it would get a little harder for veteran players while not affecting at all new player's experience.

What do you think?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2022 4:51PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many of us have saved builds with zero CP implemented for a free way to respec CP. This same saved build can be used for the purpose you are asking about with no further action from anyone but ourselves to implement.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige is the most lethal creature in Tamriel B):p
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like being/growing into a strong hero, so anything that weakens me is a big no. For me, the game and overland difficulty is fine. When I want to stress, I will tank a few dungeons. When I want to relax, I go quest around. But I am also one of those players who does not melt bosses on purpose, so I can see their special attacks.

Thing is, the game is not easy for new players! When questing around, I often help/heal players as they are totally lost. The game only seems easy to us veterans, because of our years of experience. We know how to gear, we know how to level, we know how to dodge/block/interrupt, we know what skills to use, etc.

PS: There is already a thread about overland content stickied at the top of the page.
  • Rafael0
    Rafael0
    ✭✭
    So basically you are saying that it's ok to burst final bosses in 3 sec without even being touched, and I'm the one that should adapt?

I'm sorry, are we playing the same game?? Do you really enjoy quests combat-wise?

Are quests a chilling experience? Cause for me it feels like a grinding one!

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the questing. I do NOT love combat. So it works great for me - not to mention that I can't kill three mobs or more in overland, much LESS quest bosses.... I die a lot....

Yes, I've been around for years. I have only satellite for connection so my ping is always 750ms +, and I'm 74, so my reflexes are not as good as they were even 20 years back (when I was playing WoW and RIFT). So anything I can do to avoid harder stuff than overland and questing, I will do.

And with that kind of ping, I absolutely do not do group content. Not fair to others at all....
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like overland and quests the way they are but can appreciate that some folks would like more 'challenge'. The answer is and has always been a difficulty slider. The game already buffs characters below level 50 and there is no reason the game could not debuff characters in response to a difficulty slider.

As a healer, I'm acutely aware of the health bars of those around me and as @Sarannah said above, there are plenty of new players who struggle with some of the quests.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rafael0 wrote: »
    So basically you are saying that it's ok to burst final bosses in 3 sec without even being touched, and I'm the one that should adapt?

I'm sorry, are we playing the same game?? Do you really enjoy quests combat-wise?

Probably not by the sound of it, as I've never got close to burning final bosses in 3 secs without even being touched, and I've been playing the game since launch in 2014.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Rafael0 wrote: »

Probably not by the sound of it, as I've never got close to burning final bosses in 3 secs without even being touched, and I've been playing the game since launch in 2014.

Yeah, I was going to say similar - I've been playing since 2016, and I can't "AoE down everything in 4 seconds". Guess I suck. :#

(that said - I'm sure this is a factor in why the End Of Storyline bosses in the recent chapters & dlc have phases & invulnerabilities & so on.)

edit: and maybe it's just because I've been playing silly CRPGs & JRPGs for decades, but I've run into situations where you powerleveled & end up facing a boss who claims Infinite Power!!!™ who goes down in a handful of attacks; in so many games over so many years, that I really don't notice it anymore.
    (for bonus fun, you stomp on them without effort, and it then goes to a cutscene where your whole party is on the ropes and yells "She's too powerful, we have to run!" :D )

I'm able to separate the story from the gameplay elements. (probably helps that I don't really do this "Immersion" thing. /shrug)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 30, 2022 3:55PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.