The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stacking siege equipment

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Carrying around a few of each type is a management pain: forward camps, oils, ballistas, catapults, rams, trebuchets takes a lot of inventory slots.
Same thing happens with the personal bank, storage boxes and guild banks.
Can we have the ability to, at least, stack unused/undamaged siege equipment? Please?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 2, 2022 7:42PM
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    stacking all items be easier lol
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand the inability to stack in your character's inventory from a PVP battle advantage perspective. But I don't understand why they can't be stacked in the bank.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacking sieges gives the attacker the ability to siege a keep endless.

Your inventory is limiting yourself, on how long you can siege a keep, till all your sieges are shot down/burned.

There is actually a strategic background to focus on enemy sieges as much as possible. As soon as they run out of sieges, they have to cancel their attack. It wouldn't be possible with stacked sieges.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't be stacked because they have individual health bars. That means their data can't be efficiently stored and thus it makes no sense to allow them to stack. Minecraft has the same trouble with tools not stacking because of their durability. That is also the reason why containers, like Transmute Geodes, can't be stacked either.

I'd say you could at least allow full health siege equipment to stack because that should work but then you'd get complaints about why they stack here but not there. Also if you take out more than one siege weapon at that point, you are clogging up your inventory again, potentially more than you are able to handle at the moment, forcing you to destroy or sell items.

The best course of action in my opinion would be to let more items other than siege equipment, like Treasure Maps, stack and have crafting materials stack to 1000 instead of 200. Poisons stack to 1000 already so why not ingots? Oh right, gotta make people buy ESO+ somehow.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your inventory is limiting yourself, on how long you can siege a keep, till all your sieges are shot down/burned.

There is actually a strategic background to focus on enemy sieges as much as possible. As soon as they run out of sieges, they have to cancel their attack. It wouldn't be possible with stacked sieges.

How would stacking in the bank impact this?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree that siege weapons should not be stacked in your inventory. But you can't access your bank in the field. That is where the inability to stack makes no sense
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the ALLIANCE WAR & IMPERIAL CITY section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    They can't be stacked because they have individual health bars. That means their data can't be efficiently stored and thus it makes no sense to allow them to stack. Minecraft has the same trouble with tools not stacking because of their durability. That is also the reason why containers, like Transmute Geodes, can't be stacked either.

I'd say you could at least allow full health siege equipment to stack because that should work but then you'd get complaints about why they stack here but not there. Also if you take out more than one siege weapon at that point, you are clogging up your inventory again, potentially more than you are able to handle at the moment, forcing you to destroy or sell items.

The best course of action in my opinion would be to let more items other than siege equipment, like Treasure Maps, stack and have crafting materials stack to 1000 instead of 200. Poisons stack to 1000 already so why not ingots? Oh right, gotta make people buy ESO+ somehow.

That makes total sense. From a programming aspect unless you could average all the health bars of the total and then apply them to all permanently. I'd go for that although not happy with the loss it would be worth it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have read responses in similar threads that point out that each siege is a unique item since each siege can have a different amount of health remaining. With that, it makes sense why they cannot be stacked.

I just saw someone else has pointed this out already.

Edited by Amottica on May 2, 2022 7:51PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    stack all allow us to stack armour .. and others.. too.. in guild shops i hope in the furture can buy one or 3 instead 6.. but if anything okay lol.. the issue is stacking in bags. should be all stacked.. healps to ease the issue . meow
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should give the home gate siege merchants an option to "repair siege" for some cost of AP, and allow fully repaired siege to stack in the bank. As much as it annoys me, there are legitimate gameplay reasons to limit the amount of siege any given player can carry in their inventory, especially when you consider that you can buy siege from a siege merchant at a keep's resources once your faction controls the resource.

So, run out of siege because of the enemy pushing you back from the walls? Fall back to a resource you control, buy some, regroup and reengage. If you could carry stacks of 100s it'd remove a lot of ability to successfully push back a siege.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on May 2, 2022 10:46PM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a separate siege bag that holds siege weapons, repair kits, recall stones and forward camps. Could start off with 20 slots and buy extra with ap?