The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG REPORT: Error 210 Patch Manifest Download Error On Launcher

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
The launcher has been working fine as of two hours ago. Now when I launch it I get the "Error 210". There isn't a patch for PC and my client is up to date with the latest patch as of Monday. Not sure why it is being weird. The launcher sits there with no news, pics or play button then I either get the error or a blank launcher.

I can run the game with the exe file no issues so it is clearly the launcher. It seems to want to download something as I now see the Update bar. Maybe a launcher update in progress?

Anyone else having issues?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 29, 2022 12:40AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have completed all steps given to me by Support and still I have the issue. Clearly not just me as other reports are now coming out. This started right after the completion of the xbox and playstation games.

I can access my game via exe file but the launcher will not work no matter what.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, waiting to hear back from Support. I can run the game using the exe, same as @Seravi. Same exact deal with the launcher.

The page that they linked me to with instructions for opening router ports was timing out, too. Hmmm.
    Edited by Minyassa on October 6, 2021 5:40PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my Consult report is full of webget issues but they didn't see that it had any weight with my current issue. :( I did veryify my firewall settings, run as admin, remove folders and such and nothing works. The launcher can't even download new program folders. Glad I didn't trash the old set. :)

I did a tracert to the servers which by the way I can throw a rock and hit them from my apartment. So I really don't see this is a route thing. I think something went south upon completion of today's maintenance. As soon as it hit "complete" on the forum my launcher stopped working trying to log in. Coincidence? Dunno. )
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having the same or similar issue — I do see the news and ad for one of the Halloween furnishing packs, but got an error message of “Unable to download patch manifest” and so no play button. :'(
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am having same problems. I tried every fix that I could find. My husband computer now exhibiting same problem. Got a patch manifest error and was told to repair which was only function open to me. Now launcher is frozen on reloading. I tried uninstalling everything but when I try to reinstall it says launcher already running.

Have tried everything. Help.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine won't even give me an error...the Launcher just won't load.

PC NA
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I had the same issue when I tried to log in a couple of hours ago. I tried a repair but now Steam is trying to load Morrowind. :s Fortunately around the Summerset launch, I got annoyed with the constant Steam issues and bought a base game on special for 10 Euro from ESO's Store page.

I registered it in the same account as my steam login and it linked the accounts. Next time I logged in outside of Steam, all my Chars and ESO+ were there. Best purchase ever. I still use Steam for update and daily playing but at least I have an alternative when ESO's updates crash my steam launcher. I will still have to figure out how to fix it unfortunately.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Seravi. Thanks for flagging this. We are investigating the issue right now. It would be great if anyone who are experiencing the issue could pass along their Host File. You can send that to me via private message.

If you need instructions on how to get this file, please refer to the article, linked here.

Thanks for your help here.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 6, 2021 7:36PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply!!! Getting the file now for you. :)
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    used link to find article said page not found.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ignore above comment tried again and found it.
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my file from running the game consultant in this thread I just posted. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7412257#Comment_7412257
    PC NA
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem. Already sent the host file to ZOS_Kevin.
  • Juta
    Juta
    Soul Shriven
    Hello. Got the same problem with "Error 210" or with no error message. Yesterday verything was fine. And looks like I'can send Host File, because I'm soul shriven :(
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    i was able to enter the game from eso.exe in the game folder
  • Juta
    Juta
    Soul Shriven
    This_0ne wrote: »
    i was able to enter the game from eso.exe in the game folder
    Well, tried that thing. And looks it doesn't work for Steam users. Got the error "If you purchased the gane though Steam or Stadia, please start the gane on that platform". So, no way to bypass that launcher...
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. File sent.
  • cncurbanmonk
    cncurbanmonk
    ✭✭
    file sent also or one of them
  • gvardi_l
    gvardi_l
    ✭✭✭
    Sent the file as I'm also one of the unfortunates here.
    PC potato EU
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone here on WIndows 10 having this problem?
    PC NA
  • swinghyperion
    swinghyperion
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happening here, PC NA, to both me and my husband on separate machines. We do not play through Steam. Got the "patch manifest" error, and when I tried to fix it, the launcher went through repair and then all I get is "Loading..." Been this way for a couple hours now. I tried reinstalling the whole game but for some reason the old version wouldn't uninstall. Reinstalled anyway and the Launcher went right back to "Loading..." Was playing fine yesterday, nothing today.

I tried following the instructions at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8968/kw/patch manifest and deleted ProgramData folder, but that didn't work so that's when I tried reinstalling.

EDIT: Both my husband and I are on Windows 7 home premium. Seeing a trend in the posts now that it might be something to do with that.
    Edited by swinghyperion on October 7, 2021 12:30PM
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Warstory wrote: »

Windows 7 user here. But I doubt that the OS version has any effect in this case.
    Edited by Swergdach on October 7, 2021 1:02AM
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    It's a server side error that started this monring after the Xbox and playstation patchs but it's only happening to some PC users. I'm on windows 7 but one of my local friends that plays on windows 10 has had no problems. There is nothing we can do on our end to fix the issuse I'm pretty sure. From host log...

10/06/2021 20:32:22 HTTP version not as expected [1.0 != 1.1]
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 WinHttp request secure failure [Details: 0x80000000]
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 WinHttp request error [Error: 12175 Result: 5]
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 WebGet Error: (https://launcher.bethesda.net/applications.json) (198.20.198.100:80) (1:12175)
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 http://127.0.0.1:56623/applications.js (2571): ---- blocking error 12175 from being sent again ----
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 http://127.0.0.1:56623/analytics.js (214): ---- analytics disabled ----
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 http://127.0.0.1:56623/applications.js (2113): ---- WebGet Error: https://launcher.bethesda.net/applications.json 198.20.198.100:80 1 12175 ----
    10/06/2021 20:32:32 http://127.0.0.1:56623/applications.js (3273): ---- Task re-LoadApps ----
    PC NA
  • Zephyrious
    Zephyrious
    Soul Shriven
    Fun story: was also experiencing this error. It has now evolved into the launcher staying in 'loading' mode for a bit, then going to what you would think the visuals where it has the bar at the bottom, and a play button beside it....except there is no button of any kind at the end of that bar now. No repair, no pause, no play, nothing. Just a blank spot. Also, no error anymore. Anyone else got this going now? Also a Windows 7 user, and have the game through steam, if that matters.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting a bit nervous now, no reply whatsoever to my reply to ticket email and they are usually faster than that. And also a Win7 user and through Steam.
    Edited by Minyassa on October 7, 2021 1:31AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a server side error that started this monring after the Xbox and playstation patchs but it's only happening to some PC users. I'm on windows 7 but one of my local friends that plays on windows 10 has had no problems. There is nothing we can do on our end to fix the issuse I'm pretty sure. From host log...

10/06/2021 20:32:22 HTTP version not as expected [1.0 != 1.1]
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 WinHttp request secure failure [Details: 0x80000000]
    10/06/2021 20:32:23 WinHttp request error [Error: 12175 Result: 5]

12175 , 5 is

Certificate rev failed, certificate revoked

The security certificates are signed by multiple higher level signing certificates which themselves expire over time. Sometimes this error on an old system means that the last signing certificate it knew has expired and whilst there are newer ones it doesn't know the required root certificates to use them.

Windows isn't my thing so I've no idea how you go about checking and updating the certificates bundled with Windows 7.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swergdach wrote: »

Windows 7 user here. But I doubt that the OS version has any effect in this case.

In case it turns out to be relevant, I also use Windows 7 and encountered this problem but since I don’t play through Steam, was able to get around it.
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also having this issue.

Asks me to repair then tries to repair but nothing happens for 2 attempts then get error 210 patch manifest error.

Also on windows 7.

I also managed to bypass using eso64 from game folder as well.

Issue will be next time there is a patch or any form of update will be stuck and locked from game if this isn't sorted :(

@swinghyperion did reinstalling fix the issue?
    Edited by Tyralbin on October 7, 2021 2:42AM
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • berunhieyes
    berunhieyes
    ✭✭✭
    I checked my host.developer logs from yesterday and today, and they diverge after the following line
    http://127.0.0.1:55647/applications.js (3180):  ---- Trying to clean first. ----

The successful launch from 5 October follows with
    Start file [E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.466eb19243e10ddd58842dd0bdd19c2ac38dc25c\061b8d0af8fa3d892fdc9723a00d5d6ccff18f5a.patchmanifest.partial] [S:0k] [E:0k] [P:0k]

The failed launch from 6 October follows with
    HTTP version not as expected [1.0 != 1.1]
    WinHttp request secure failure [Details: 0x80000000]
    WinHttp request error [Error: 12175 Result: 5]
    WebGet Error: (https://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest) (198.20.198.100:80) (1:12175)

This happens using both the Bethesda launcher directly and launching through Steam. Launching the client directly works.

I have this problem on both of my Windows 7 machines, and I have not made any changes to either. The launcher works properly on my Linux machine.

I tried to send a private message with the logs, but the "Message" button isn't visible to me.
  • Sylvia211264
    Sylvia211264
    ✭✭✭
    Launcher stucks at opening. Windows 7 too