The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very weak ESO store

blue_peaceful_Manticore
Current month i buy almost nothing from ESO Crownstore.... Next month i will buy nothing. Why?
Because the most nice items are only on gamble Box and i will not buy them. lol!

But it's all ok. ZoS don't take my money and i don't buy anything

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 1, 2022 8:54PM
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... this post is a little... odd? Just because YOU don't want anything, doesn't mean that it's a weak crown store. I took one look at that list and... I'm going broke next month with the amount of things I want... cool furniture packs. Lots of outfit styles. INCLUDING Annihilarch's Chosen, which there have been tons of threads wanting it to come out. So to say the crown store is weak, is extremely inaccurate. I love the new weapon styles coming out, and will probably be getting all the new furniture packs, the Tsaesci Style, and that huge statue of Auriel.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Um... this post is a little... odd? Just because YOU don't want anything, doesn't mean that it's a weak crown store. I took one look at that list and... I'm going broke next month with the amount of things I want... cool furniture packs. Lots of outfit styles. INCLUDING Annihilarch's Chosen, which there have been tons of threads wanting it to come out. So to say the crown store is weak, is extremely inaccurate. I love the new weapon styles coming out, and will probably be getting all the new furniture packs, the Tsaesci Style, and that huge statue of Auriel.

If you read all topic you will see it's a "personal opinion". For you its nice store. Great! Buy them all!
    But for me isn't it at all. And like i say, its all ok.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so, I am seeing lots of old items returning, so nothing too exciting. I see a bunch of reskins of already existing mounts and the most exciting thing is a unique house guest and that statue I suppose. The Annihilarch's Chosen is a set you can farm from the Deadlands' oblivion portals so it won't retain its value for long until it was farmed to death, not to mention that it's a pretty poor practise to put new motifs on the crown store immediately. The Tsaesci motif is alright but there are solid alternatives to it, like Honor Guard and Soul Shriven weapons.

Maybe not a weak crown store but we've definitely had better.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is weak.

It's just a lot of old repeated stuff that have been in the Crown Store several times over the past couple of years.
    Meanwhile we still haven't seen other items that have been missing forever like the Gray Yokudan Charger and Dapple Grey Palfrey since 2015, the Dragonfly Wing Lashes since 2017, or even the Long Glitter Lashes since 2016.

And how we're still waiting for things to release but it's been years such as the Fa-Nuit-Hen/Velsa/Veya hairstyle people have asked for forever, Zeira's hairstyle, heck even datamined things like the Sporty Khajiit Tail Tuft for Khajiit and the Six Spike Tail Trim and Assassin-Style Sunset Crest for Argonians. (the tail items and crest were datamined way back with Morrowind.)

Not sure why they've slowed way down on new releases in the Crown Store, especially when it comes to adding any longer lasting/permanent items.. it really does start feeling like anything nice IS going into just the crates. Even all the skins have just been being thrown into crates nowadays and are no longer going out into completing hard Trials and Dungeon content, which are being replaced by... body and face tattoos..... why do we have to do VET for just a body tattoo and VET HM for a FACE TATTOO. Why do we do trifectas in dungeons now just for a TITLE?? (sorry I'm rambling now..)

Back on topic I've also noticed they've not been listing all returning items as "returning" more and more and they only do it for a few. Like such as "The Blue Shock Nixad will return to the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time" but not for "The Shadowghost Senche mount will be available in the Crown Store for a limited time" as well as for "The Erstwhile Sanctuary will return to the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time" but not for "The Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time".

OLD returning items
    1. Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche-Cub
    2. Elder Scrolls Artifact: Sinweaver
    3. Crown Crafting Motif: Tsaesci Style
    4. Shadowrend Arms Pack
    5. Night Mother's Evangelist
    6. Whisperweft Gala Wear
    7. Treasure Hunter (costume)
    8. Nord Hero Armor
    9. Treasure Hunter (personality)
    10. Flame Atronach Crates
    11. Furnishing Pack: Shadow and Stone
    12. Sithis, The Dread Father
    13. Furnishing Pack: Coldharbour Arcanaeum
    14. Molag Bal Bundle
    15. Music Box, Hinterlands
    16. Music Box, Farewell to Nenalata
    17. Ayleid Bundle
    18. The Erstwhile Sanctuary
    19. Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins
    20. Shadowghost Senche
    21. Bantam Guar
    22. Dire Pony
    23. Blue Shock Nixad

NEW items
    1. Summer's Herald Torchnix
    2. Great Dark Ram
    3. Hezehk
    4. Statue, Ancestor-King Auri-El
    5. Crown Crafting Motif: Annihilarch's Chosen
    6. Prior Thierric Arms Pack

Also, the fact that they're taking a slew of costumes out of the store, that have been permanent for awhile now, without having replacements lined up to come out to fill up the slots beforehand:
    • Solitude Stevedore's Jerkin
    • Nordic Knot Doublet and Breeches
    • Ancestral Honor Garments
    • Drifting Sand Tunic and Sash
    • Forge-Wife's Impervious Frock
    • Magnifica's Sundas Wear
    • Sentinel Vest and Salvar
    • Vengeance Day Dress

Edit: Spelling
    Edited by meekmiko on May 1, 2022 6:04AM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm this makes me think about he "no new rewards/incentives for vet players" in order to keep them vs appealing to new players thread....

This feels like it fits into a similar category. They bring back old things that were popular sellers for new people to acquire. But, they probably are hesitant to put too MANY things in that would feel overwhelming to someone new to the game feeling like they want to acquire it all because if they don't FOMO...it might not be back for 3 years!!!! So you have an enforced urgency applied to it.

That feels like it is translating to no new for vet players (I probably fall in the middle as I am an on and off player....so I enjoy the returning stuff) OR it feels like they arent bringing back the things that a vet player may have missed. And if returning items are based on popularity...they may never return?

That is pretty interesting and valid feedback.

It is a shame that endeavors are limited to what is in the store now. It feels like there could be an opportunity to put some "out of season" items that are desired in the endeavor catalog. I don't mean adding a bunch of mounts; since those are high endeavor cost....but things like the lashes or hairstyles you mentioned seem like a great option for something that "returned" as an endeavor item if not as a store item.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm this makes me think about he "no new rewards/incentives for vet players" in order to keep them vs appealing to new players thread....

This feels like it fits into a similar category. They bring back old things that were popular sellers for new people to acquire. But, they probably are hesitant to put too MANY things in that would feel overwhelming to someone new to the game feeling like they want to acquire it all because if they don't FOMO...it might not be back for 3 years!!!! So you have an enforced urgency applied to it.

That feels like it is translating to no new for vet players (I probably fall in the middle as I am an on and off player....so I enjoy the returning stuff) OR it feels like they arent bringing back the things that a vet player may have missed. And if returning items are based on popularity...they may never return?

That is pretty interesting and valid feedback.

It is a shame that endeavors are limited to what is in the store now. It feels like there could be an opportunity to put some "out of season" items that are desired in the endeavor catalog. I don't mean adding a bunch of mounts; since those are high endeavor cost....but things like the lashes or hairstyles you mentioned seem like a great option for something that "returned" as an endeavor item if not as a store item.

But the crownstore is already so large it's overwhelming for new players. I've seen many people try out ESO and get immediately turned off by the aggressive pop-up crownstore and just how much stuff they want you to buy.

For starters Houses shouldn't be time-limited at all. Are you really going to force people to rush a decision on spending 100€ for a house that you still need to furnish? I mean, of course they are, because FOMO is strong and it works, so why stop?

Then there are tons of predatory deals for things that are worth practically nothing in game but they still ask absurd prices simply because new players won't know that players who are vampires can give them a bite and that there is an NPC in certain towns who can cure them. They are selling the damn cure for vampirism, which is like 450 gold, for 800 crowns!

And on the endeavor front it makes absolutely no sense to offer less seals of endeavor in a crate season than a single Apex mount. They are doing that thing where they are saying "everything is obtainable through gameplay means" but what they mean is "everything individually is obtainable through gameplay means and there is no way to ever hope to own even 25% of the stuff if you are always doing all of your endeavors." Thankfully most of the crate content is boring so you do end up with the things you wanted most of the time.

I really need to stop. The crown store isn't good for my blood pressure.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 28, 2022 6:31PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »

If you read all topic you will see it's a "personal opinion". For you its nice store. Great! Buy them all!
    But for me isn't it at all. And like i say, its all ok.

Yes, I realize that. I'm fully able to make my own opinion on the crown store. I also disagree with the title and do not think it is a weak crown store :) people are allowed to disagree with you!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The crown store only has two weaknesses IMO - too high of prices and too many rotating products.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    It is weak.
    Also, the fact that they're taking a slew of costumes out of the store, that have been permeant for awhile now, without having replacements lined up to come out to fill up the slots beforehand:
    They're leaving in June, so while they haven't told us the replacements, I'd expect there to be some in the June showcase.
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current month i buy almost nothing from ESO Crownstore.... Next month i will buy nothing. Why?
    Because the most nice items are only on gamble Box and i will not buy them. lol!

Do the endeavors every day for seal of endeavors plus the weekly and over time you'll have enough to be the nice shiny in the crate you want.

It you can buy it with crown gems, you can buy it for seals of endeavor.

All this crying when there are other ways to get what's in the crates and that's been the case since last summer.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Khami wrote: »
    Do the endeavors every day for seal of endeavors plus the weekly and over time you'll have enough to be the nice shiny in the crate you want.

All this crying when there are other ways to get what's in the crates and that's been the case since last summer.

lol! Why im crying? Im happy for not spend money. lol!
    To tell you the true, if i can vote in this, i wish ZoS end with all items in crownstore and sell only gamble box ;)
    Edited by blue_peaceful_Manticore on April 28, 2022 7:49PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by FluffWit on April 28, 2022 8:14PM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new costumes. Sammy is sad.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my problem with the crown store is just everything there is too expensive, there are a lot of things that i would buy if they were 50-75% cheaper than what they are now

stuff i would buy but feel as too expensive: trial dummy, aetherial well, mundus stones, possibly other large decorative furnishings
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, someone else will buy enough of the crates to keep this model going.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might actually be a bit angry over that there is a Shadowghost mount this month....and it's the senche, not the guar.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stop buying crown crates for that reason alone. I refuse to support their gambling store.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather spend 6k crowns for an apex mount than 5k crowns for 15 crates.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I ever buy is a costume or two a moth if there is something that I like, and there are a couple for May that I might be interested in. I just wish that outfit slots would be on sale more often, because I think that they are too expensive.
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely browse the crown store, has the character slot ever received a discount ?
    ZOS please add a wishlist setting, so we can get notified on items of interest
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about anyone else, but that high elf statue is enough for me. I will be breaking my bank account buying a bunch of those.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the matter of ZOS not bringing back certain older items, I'm hoping that maybe some day, they'll bring back the Skeletal pets. I can dream I guess and be perpetually disappointed.

Khami wrote: »

Where was OP crying? They have a valid complaint that most everything that seems nice gets shoved into Crates these days, and you being purposefully rude and inciting doesn't change that.

You also try to make it sound like there are a bunch of other ways to get items in Crates, but there are only two: Using Crown Gems and Seals. Crown Gems require you to buy Crates to begin with, and unless you get super lucky and pull a Sweetroll, you're not likely to get more than maybe 50-60 from a single one. Ourobours Crates? They give such a tiny amount and require you to find and watch streams with the Drops enabled that they're not worth even mentioning.

Meanwhile it takes about a month to get 1k Seals, and all the stuff from the 16g category take at least 2k Seals. Each Crate season lasts 3-4 months, which means you'll maybe get 1-3 things you want every season, maybe one or two more if you have Seals left over from the previous season.

So please, tell us if these methods to get items from Crates, which you make sound are numerous, easy, and get people what they like within a decent amount of time.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    I'd rather spend 6k crowns for an apex mount than 5k crowns for 15 crates.

I'm not sure if you meant it but you're very close to the integral cost of an Apex tier reward. It's actually 5556 crowns.

The drop chance for Apex tier is 2% so it's 16667 crowns on average for a mount. (5000/15*100/2)

However, you also get 10 Epic rewards and 7 Legendary on average while opening crates for that mount.

Epic rewards are valued at 1587 crowns (5000/15*100/21)
    Legendary rewards are valued at 2381 crowns (5000/15*100/14)

The true value of spending 16667 crowns to open 50 crates is (1587 * 10.5) + (2381 * 7) + (1 * 16667) = 49997 crowns

16667 / 49997 = 0.33336

This means you get a ~66.67% discount when factoring in all the other rewards from opening crates for an Apex mount.

16667 * 0.33336 = 5556 crowns is the true cost of an Apex tier reward on average

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 1, 2022 4:59PM
    PC NA
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know I buy quite a few (understatement) Crowns during the sale...but for the past year or so there just isn't that much to spend them on...it's like the devs are scared to make cool items because the haters will rant about them on the forums.

And they openly revel in that.

So hey do what they want then get rid of the store and start charging a sub again...because if you're going to make crappy items no one is going to buy them.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post