The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Logging out

Elrond87
Elrond87
✭✭✭
Hi, anytime I try to relog to another Character the screen just pauses when the timer reaches 0 seconds for logout, if I press the windows key to go to the desktop it then displays a different image of the game from hours prior to logging out then there on I have to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete click on Sign out and then relaunch the whole thing, it does this around 90% of the time if I relog to another Character it is highly frustrating. Any idea on any fix for this?

I am on windows 11, I play through Steam.
PC|EU
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrond87

From your description it sounds like ESO is freezing up when you go to relog. If you've not done so, try going through the crash troubleshooting below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't often say ESO has stopped working but I will do what it says, and test then report back.
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrond87

Alright, please keep us updated on whether these steps help or not!
    Staff Post
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it time, but it still does it. I find it is more likely to do it the longer i am logged in if i first log in and keep relogging its not bad but if i do some dungeons then relog to another it tends to do it, forces me to restart pc as i say it i try to go to desktop it just displays a old image of the game from hours ago so i have to restart the pc to get out of it.
    PC|EU

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrond87

Would you be able to post your full system specifications?

This information can be found by creating a DxDiag report.
    Staff Post
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    The whole dxdiag report file ? i attached it.
    Edited by Elrond87 on May 5, 2022 7:36PM
    PC|EU

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrond87

Thank you for providing your system specifications. In your Advanced display settings found under System and Display please try lowering the monitor refresh rate to see if that will help with the freezing.
    Staff Post
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    ya it is already set lower when in game wouldn't be that, I am starting to think it is Windows 11 causing the issue, as i copy all my user and addon settings to a windows 10 pc and there is no log out issue at all
    Edited by Elrond87 on May 6, 2022 6:59PM
    PC|EU

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrond87

Would you be able to try creating a new Windows account and see if that makes a difference?
    Staff Post